BusinessObjects Board

XIR2 scheduling instances viewer

Hi, Thanks a lot for this tool, saves a lot of time in every morning and monitoring has become quite simple. Modified it to some extent for our use and generate automated reports out of it.
Just one thing… the folder name for the report. I got one reply from you on this. Tried that… I have got the SI_PARENT_FOLDER field which is a number. Please explain how to get the entire folder path from this.

arnabpaul2k (BOB member since 2008-04-02)

All folders :

Select SI_ID, SI_NAME From CI_INFOOBJECTS Where si_kind ='Folder'

you can use a recursive function to retrieve the folders path.

SI_PATH ?? :
http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2/en/en/BOE_SDK/boesdk_com_doc/doc/boesdk_com_doc/DevelopingAWebApp32.html#999820

mighty-squirrel :fr: (BOB member since 2008-11-21)

Someone knows how to stop/cancel a running instance ?
DeleteNow is too much and Pause doesn’t work.

mighty-squirrel :fr: (BOB member since 2008-11-21)

Although you can use the recursive function to get the folder path, here is a slightly quicker method. Folders support a getPath() method so you can use something like this:

if (infObj instanceof IFolder){
	String[] pathParts = ((IFolder)infObj).getPath();
}

That method does not return the name of the folder whose path you are trying to find. For example, if you are looking at folder Reportsin Public Folders -> Reports, the result will be a null array. Calling it for Public Folders -> Reports -> FolderOfInterest will return an array consisting of just Reports.

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

Thanks for sharing the macro.

How can we get the email settings and output format options of instances?

Also is it possible to modify this macro and use in Seagate Info 7.5 to get scheduling details?

Ajith :india: (BOB member since 2008-09-25)

This is an update to “XIR2 scheduling instances viewer”.
Version: release 2.0
Additions/bug fixes:
Destination Details which includes most details about destination including email addresses, inboxes, ftp servers and usernames, unmanaged disk locations, etc…
Delay column fixed.
Avg Delay cell fixed.
Requirements:
Following plugins needs to be referenced: SMTP, FTP, DiskUnmanaged, Managed.
Instances Status v2.xls (98.0 KB)

rachidb :morocco: (BOB member since 2006-07-06)

Where do I have to save this file? Do i have to save in the same server where BO xi is installed? How do i set it up???

Please let me know…

TinkerBell (BOB member since 2008-12-18)

Download the file and save it where BOXIR2 client is installed. That’s all that’s required.

Thank you!

Says"Compile error…can’t find project or library…"

I checked tools> References is disables…?

If References is disabled then you are still in debug mode. Stop debuging and check again. I suspect that you do not have BOXIR2 client installed.

OK… now do i just run the ‘Showlogon’ macro?

Correct. Just run the Showlogon macro.

Hi,

I am able to use Instances Status.xls without any issue in our BO XI R2 server. But when I try to run Instances_Status_v2.xls, I am getting error in line Set oInfoObjects = oInfoStore.Query("SELECT top 64000 SI_KIND,SI_NAME…,

Error is Unable to Connect. Logon cannot continue.

Anyone sucessfully used v2 ?

Please help…

Issue was with the condition in query.

Replaced

SI_UPDATE_TS BETWEEN ‘" & start_date & "’ and ‘" & end_date & "’ AND SI_SCHEDULEINFO.SI_STARTTIME BETWEEN ‘" & start_date & "’ and ‘" & end_date & "’")

with

SI_UPDATE_TS >=’" & start_date & “’ AND SI_SCHEDULEINFO.SI_STARTTIME >= '” & start_date & “’ and SI_SCHEDULEINFO.SI_STARTTIME < '” & end_date & “’”)

Interesting. Not sure why one syntax works for you not the other.
You can try running both using query builder and see if you get the same rows back.

Regards,
Rachid

Excellant tool ! I am using X1 (not R2) and need to see the email addresses of the destinations. Is there a way to do this?

Thank You

Jefferson (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

Version 2 will show that.

Thank you for your quick response. Do you mean Version2 of the excel sheet posted here?

Jefferson (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

Correct.

Hi Rachidb,

you mentioned that Download the file and save it where BOXIR2 client is installed.

can you give me example path Please.

Thank you,
Ravek.

ravek (BOB member since 2006-08-03)