BusinessObjects Board

ZABO errors DA0004 followed by QP0016

One of my user is facing problem refreshing large documents.
The user can connect to Business Objects via ZABO. Once he tries to refresh the repor the gets the DA0004 error message “A connecton required to refresh the document is unavaliable”

After a few minutes a second error pops up AP0016 "The server is not responding. ]Oracle OCI].[Oracle 9].[Production]

I tried all the possible solutions to get rid of the DA0004, but no luck.

Any Ideas what might be the issue

Raja Saripalli :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-14)

What version are you using? WebI 1.x/2.x corresponds to legacy full-client versions 4.x/5.x – I’ve checked the 5.1.x ErrorsEN.pdf (Error Message Guide), and there’s no such error as AP0016. There’s no error that begins with “AP” at all. :nonod:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

We are using WebI 2.7. Sorry I misstyped the Error message. In the subject I spelle dcorrectly. Its actually QP00016.

Couldn’t find that one, either, but I did find QP0016 (only 2 zeroes). :wink:

Did you take a look at the Error Messages Guide? What of the suggestions have you checked, and what did you find?

Cause This error message appears when you run a query from the Query Panel and no data is being returned from the server. There are three possible causes:
• The middleware is not configured correctly.
• The BUSINESSOBJECTS connection parameters are invalid.
• The database server is down.

Action Click the Details button in the Task Connection dialog box. Make a note of the database or middleware error and contact the database administrator.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Yes its QP0016…only two zeros… :slight_smile:

well the detail error message was pointing to the Oracle database.
And I checked the database is fine and is up.

Cannot figure out whats causing the problem. Day by day the number of users getting the connection error messages is increasing… :frowning: