BusinessObjects Board

Z_AW Function Mismatch

We have upgraded to Data Services 4.0 in our sandbox environment - we are running in Execute Preload mode - post upgrade we did not update any of the 300+ existing programs, in large part because we also noticed in some situations the DS 4.0 generated ABAP was slightly different than the prior version (12.x). At any rate, the following warning message is being thrown when we run in EP mode but not in GE mode. What is DS doing internally and what is meant by “expected version is <6.5.1.0>” is that the version of the “Z_AW” functions? Would it be best practice to update all DS 12.X generated ABAP with DS 4.0 generated ABAP?

Data flow DF_PurchDocFinFactDelta_SAP Warning: A mismatch was detected for SAP function <Z_AW_ABAP_RUN (R3_DS)> : installed version is , but the expectedversion is <6.5.1.0>. Upload the correct function.

SalH :mexico: (BOB member since 2010-11-09)

Huh…I am keep on getting that stuff.

I checked the Function Module ZAW0 as mentioned in SAP Supplement Guide in SE38 transaction. Those functions are there. But still getting that error.

I cannot execute my jobs in Generate and Execute so I really cannot test it if no errors coming up when I use that mode

ganeshxp :us: (BOB member since 2008-07-17)

you can disable version checking in jobserver parameters. details are explained in product manuals,

aderici (BOB member since 2012-01-13)

Yes I am just seeing it for the first time.

I want to turn it off. How can I set it? What should I give for the SECTION value? I can give Key - SAP_FUNCTION_MISMATCH & Value = FALSE.

But not sure of what the value for section is?

ganeshxp :us: (BOB member since 2008-07-17)

I talked to the developer last week, but didn’t update the post, sorry. I didn’t know either we have something to control that but it seems you set in the al_engine section the values

ABAP_PRELOAD_VERSION_MISMATCH=FALSE/TRUE
ABAP_PRELOAD_KEY_MISMATCH=FALSE/TRUE
ABAP_SUPPLIED_VERSION_MATCH=TRUE/FALSE
SAP_FUNCTION_MISMATCH=TRUE/FALSE

(In bold is the default if parameter is not present in dsconfig)

As you seem to get the message 151206 (see trace log), I would set the SAP_FUNCTION_MISMATCH=FALSE. If the message your get is 151205, it is ABAP_SUPPLIED_VERSION_MATCH=FALSE.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Thanks Werner!

It is indeed error 151206:
R3C-151206: |Data flow DF_SWA_Stats_Summary_Fact_VR Warning: A mismatch was detected for SAP function <Z_AW_ABAP_RUN (R3_DS)> : installed version is , but the expected version is <6.5.1.0>. Upload the correct function.

Question about making this DSConfig change: we are running in a Server Group environment. Will we need to apply this change to every JS in the Server Group?
If so, what are the steps, I was going to do the following:

1. Select a default job server (Tools->Options->Designer->Environment)
  2. Make the DSConfig change (Tools->Options->Job Server->General)
  3. Re-start JS if change necessitates?
  4. Repeat for each JS in the Server Group

Is the above correct or will a single DSConfig change via Designer propagate to all JS associated to the Local Repo or just the default when change is made?

SalH :mexico: (BOB member since 2010-11-09)

I would simply edit the DSConfig directly on all JobServers. No restart required, [AL_Engine] section parameters are read by the al_engine only, so whenever a new job is started.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Hi,

I was facing the same issue at a customer of mine. Adding the mentioned lines to the DSConfig suppresses the warnings so thanks for your help.

But: I’m still curious what causes this issue?
The current solution feels to me like hosing the boat instead of repairing the hole in the bottom of the boat?

kvanveelen (BOB member since 2012-08-22)

ZAW gets sometimes newer functions. But existing functions are backwards compatible.

Except that I heard that SAP was saying that they did not give support on the SAP connectivity when you used 6.5 functions with BODS 3.

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

Hi Werner

we have set the parameters as you mentioned. No error in QA, but in Prod, it is again throwing the warnings (even after changing DSConfig parametrs).

I checked the SAP funtions and they are with proper version only. Please advise.

learndi_2011 (BOB member since 2011-03-03)

Hello learndi,

Were you able to resolve the issue. I am facing the same issue even after appending SAP_FUNCTION_MISMATCH = FALSE in dsconfig for error message 151206.

vinaykp (BOB member since 2010-07-15)