BusinessObjects Board

You are not authorized to view this document

Hello,

I created a report in deski and exported to repository and report is working fine both in deski and webi too. For some reason i deleted the document in webi and when i try to open this document in deski its giving error:

You are not authorized to view this document.

Does anyone have idea why its giving error. I thought since i deleted the document in webi thats why its saying error when i try to open in deski.Am i correct? Any suggestion please.

Thanks!
santhoshini

santhoshini (BOB member since 2007-11-08)

Try using supervisor’s account to open the document.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

First, a clarification. Desktop Intelligence (DeskI) and Web Intelligence (WebI) are two totally different things. In your discussion, you are saying WebI when you mean InfoView (the portal). No worries … a common confusion.

Next, the behavior you are seeing is by design. If the document (DeskI .rep file) is no longer in the repository, then you are no longer authorized to see it. Two solutions …

The first solution requires hindsight. If you had saved the DeskI document by checking the “Save for all users” option, it would no longer be associated with the repository and you could open it.

The second solution is messy, but it works. Details are here … written for “orphaned” universes, but the technique works with DeskI documents as well.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

I also had the same problem read this https://bobj-board.org/t/108391[/url]

alexks (BOB member since 2008-03-25)