BusinessObjects Board

You are not authorized to use this document. (FRM0008)

Hi, for some reason i am unable to open this document. i created it and was in my UserDocs Folder and for some reason now, i am unable to open it. I get an error message - You are not authorized to use this document. (FRM0008).

I tried to move it to some other folder, but it wont work. Can somebody advise how i can open this doc
Thanks in advance

sklb (BOB member since 2007-08-01)

What account are you using to open the document and who created it.
Try using administrator.
Was it exported to CMS. Maybe it is deleted from repository if thats the case.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Also… if you have mutiple environments development, test, production etc
Check that you are not logged on to a different enviroment where the document doesnt exist i.e Created in dev, save & exported…Few days later you are in test. File, Open… get error i.e once you have exported the document in dev, it has dev ‘security’ can open in ST unless it was imported into there first. (same issue as if it was deleted from the CMC)

One way around this is to do a save as ‘save for all users’ to another area… then you can open if deleted from cmc etc

LLBuchanan :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2006-03-08)

This is what happened.
The document was created in my local machine, i exported it to the repository and then later on deleted it from the repository. Now the local copy of the document on my machine would not open.
We dont have multiple environments and i also tried to login in as administrator. This is a deski document

sklb (BOB member since 2007-08-01)

This means the security is working as intended :yesnod: .

It’s a bit of a hack, but give this a try. The technique outlined here is written for universes, but should work for Desktop Intelligence documents as well.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Yes - This is what we have used to ‘recover’ documents ‘accidently’ deleted from the CMC… and the user did not have a 'saved for all users copy. Worked fine

LLBuchanan :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2006-03-08)