BusinessObjects Board

XML Output Incomplete

My real time job is doing everything it should do, except the output XML is incomplete. The data is coming through as expected, but the XML finishes before the end of the data, mid element (midway through a repeating group). I have used my own XSD to set up the XML schema which is my output XML Message Target.

I tried using an XML template, and all of the data appears in the output file, so the problem is just when using the XML Message target. The problem occurs when running within Designer itself (i.e. my XML test file) and also when calling the real time job using SOAP UI.

Is there some character or memory limit that I need to set somewhere? The output test file is only about 2.4k by the way, so I am not talking about huge quantities.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

D_an (BOB member since 2009-09-16)

Do you mean the schema consists of less rows or is it really cut in the middle like “<FIRST_NAME>WernerWern”

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Its cut in the middle. Starts a new tag , and thats it. Using the xml template shows there are a lot more rows of data still to come that are being cut off.

is it giving any error ? what do you see in trace and error log files ?
have you tried with a smaller data set like only one row ?

have tried using the xsd in a batch job as source or target

can you post the xsd and output xml ?

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Thanks for getting back to me. Turns out it was a data issue. One of the fields I was outputting was populated with a chr(0). Not sure why this is not handled and caused a complete stop in the output, but it did. Have removed this and all is well.

As a side note I also had trouble removing this character from within DS and have now resorted to just getting it removed at source. Any suggestions to how to remove it? ltrim_ext and replace_substr didn’t alter it and I had a fatal exception using search_replace.

chr(0) you mean null character, may be its gettting identified as string termination and xml output is stopping when this character is encountered

DI string functions don’t support manipualtion of this character, but you shouldn’t get fatal exception, how to put this char(0) in source data ? is the source flat file or database

I am getting something simlar but I am sure it is not a data error.

When I run 700 records everything is fine but when I run 800 I get malformed XML and no error when the job runs. It is if I have a scroll bar at the bottom and I need to move it along to see the rest of the xml.

:CarEngineInformation>
e></ns1:CarValveSize>
e>
tityNumber>
Date>
te>

serGroupText>
Text>
horoughfareDescriptorText>

That is what is churned out in the middle of the XML so we have good XML and then this junk.

Not sure what is causing it?

Badger

Badger (BOB member since 2008-12-17)

Hi Werner,

I know this post has been long time ago. However, I hit the error like the one you mentioned here. Possible to help what is going wrong? What happen to my case is my customized program generated 6k+ XML files and randomly 100+ files generated incomplete schema and it is definitely not data problem.

really need your expertise, appreciate your help, thank you!
XML_truncate.jpg

beebeebun (BOB member since 2014-08-28)

possibly a bug, what is the complete DS version ? will it be possible to share the xsd ? also what is the number of rows that you are writing to the XML from source