BusinessObjects Board

XML output element returns CSV data

Hi All,

We are trying to some data from a cloud based system. This system exposes their data using REST API. I am able to setup HttpAdapter to get data. The issue is that the reponse XML contains all the data in one XML element as a comma separated string,

1. When tested from SOAP UI, this string has got CR and LF but Data Services removes the CR and LF characters. Is there a config that can fix this issue? The XSD defines this element as “xs:string” which should make it accept all characters

2. Currently I am writing the XML response to a XML file. Is there any method to read the comma separated string (which has column headers and data rows) into a structured output?

We are on Data Services 4.2 SP2

Kind Regards
Mohan

cpmohanraj :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-23)

use RESTFul Webservices datastore instead of HTTPAdapter

DS will not remove CR and LF characters from the response, if the response is a delimited content and the size of the content is fixed to a reasonable size, then you can dump the data to the a file and use a file format in the next DF to process this file

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Hi Manoj,

I get an error message if I try to configure REST based data store. I have posted about this on the other topic.

Cheers
Mohan

cpmohanraj :australia: (BOB member since 2002-09-23)