BusinessObjects Board

XI R3 Seeing the users in a group

Hi :mrgreen:,

I’ve logged into the CMC for R3 instance however I can’t seem to find the option to list all the users in a group. In R2 I used to just select the Group and then there would be a user tab and I could see the users in here, in R3 I cant seem to do that the only thing I can see to do is select the user and see the groups they are in but I can’t do it the other way around and see what users are in a specific group, I’m I missing something ?

Cheers

Fiona :uk: (BOB member since 2002-12-16)

You can do this by expanding the Group Hierachy list in the CMC, select group, click to see the members…

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Cheers I found it in the end :mrgreen:

I was looking under ‘Group Hierarchy’ but couldnt see the group I was interested in. I found it in the end though the admin had made my group a sub group of another hence I couldnt see it, doh a Hommer moment :lol:

This is the first time I’ve looked at the R3 CMC, the navigation is different but the concepts look the same, is that the case or is the security model a bigger change as with the 6.5 to XI. BO doesnt make it easy do they, just when I got up to speed on R2 they go and change it all again :hb:
Thanks

Fiona :uk: (BOB member since 2002-12-16)

The security model in Xi 3 is quite different. Most powerful and you are right nothing really change within the CMC.

For more info on new concepts see presentation here