BusinessObjects Board

[Xi 3.0] PM error on opening

Hi

We are trying to upgrade to Xi 3.0 but are having some problems with PM. I’ve done a fresh install on two new machines, the dev box is working but the prod box is giving me the following errors when I go to our dashboard or try to open ‘Dashboard and Analytics Setup’.

1st time in:
Cannot forward after response has been committed

2nd time in:
Servlet Engine Exception: null
URL: /PerformanceManagement/scripts/tools/err_page.jsp?iSubMenus=0&ctxt=aa-setup&menu=/conf-syst/menu-setup
StackTrace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.bo.aa.util.SecurityStore.GetLogonToken(SecurityStore.java:28)
at com.bo.aa.util.SecurityStore.getSecurityValue(SecurityStore.java:79)
at com.bo.aa.impl.DBServerImpl.getSecurityToken(DBServerImpl.java:166)
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.appsHome_jsp._jspService(appsHome_jsp.java:536)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

All servers are started and enabled and the InitConfig.properties file has the PMUser as the initilization user, exactly the same as the dev server that is working fine. This user does exist.

I can’t find any other suggestions in the forum so if anyone has any new ideas please let me know…

Thanks!

FionaCasey :ireland: (BOB member since 2007-01-22)

Hi,
Were you able to find any solution to this issue.I am facing the same issue.
XI3.0 on Windows 2003 Server & Apache/Tomcat on Linux
Thanks,
Mannan

SidMS :india: (BOB member since 2006-06-03)

Its working fine now,Tried Stopping the dashboard server and restarted it.

SidMS :india: (BOB member since 2006-06-03)

Actually, something had gone wrong in our initconfig.properties file. I had to create a new user with admin rights and no password. Set this user in the initconfig.properties file. Then I was able to get into the Dashboard prefereneces etc… and re-set the user to be the PMUser. Finally remove the temp user that I created at the start.

I get exactly the same error, every time that I try to open Dashboard and Analytics from within InfoView.

Restarting the Servers didn’t help. The error remained.

Fiona, I tried to do it your way. But didn’t help either. What effects do have changes of the initconfig.properties file and does anybody know another solution to this problem?

gespet :de: (BOB member since 2008-09-22)

Gespet,

I can re-create the error right now on my test server by simply removing the password from the file and restarting the services.

What user and password do you have set in your initconfig.properties file. Did you try a user with no password? You cannot type a password into this file as it’s expecting an encrypted one. That’s why you can only do this manually without a password.

Fionna,

I created a new user “test” without password, assigned it to the Admin-group and inserted it in the initconfig.properties file. But I got the same error. I also tried to change the inituser via the CMC preferences. I put in the administrator user and a password and I could see that it was saved encrypted in this file. But I got the same error.

Our CMS is running on port 6420 (not the default 6400). So I also changed this entry in the initconfig.properties file. The entry “CMSClusterName” is left empty. Should I also fill this in?

I don’t know where to search for the error. I just suspect it has to do with the port settings. Do you happen to know if there are any other config files for Performance Manager I have to change?

Thank you.

Gespet

If you can get into the CMC preferences for this then the user/password combo is not the problem. I’m not sure about the ports… sorry.

Have you opened a call with BO?

No, I haven’t contacted BO yet. Since it is a demo/test environment, it is not yet critical. I will keep on searching. Thanks again.

You could try redeploying the war file, that’s what did the trick for me in the end.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

I figured it out in the meantime. The problem was caused (as some problems before…) because of the CMS running on a different port than 6400. So I had to set the right CMS and port in a *.properties-file in the Performance Management 12.0 folder. Now I can access Dashboard and Analytics and the setup without problems.

[Rant ON]
I am encountering a similar issue on XI R3.1, seemingly out of the blue. This just speaks volumes regarding the quality of the PM engine :roll_eyes: #
[Rant OFF]

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Could you be more specific what perf. man properties file it was?
Cause I’m facing the exact same behavior and my CMS is also running on different port (6401, instead of 6400) and I want to change that in the perf . man. property file

Tiny :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-11-10)