BusinessObjects Board

Words overlapping when exported to PDF w/ CR 2016 SP 4

I have just upgrade crystal to CR 2016 SP 4 and the reports that are exported to PDF have text that over laps once in PDF.

Has anyone had this issue and knows of a solution??

p_b_bradley :ireland: (BOB member since 2006-03-15)

I have not seen words overlap when exported to PDF. But I have seen words not wrap correctly (and the right side of words get cut off).

The standard fix (not sure if it applies here). 1st. Try a different font/size. 2nd. Fullly justify the text (if there is word wrap).

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

So looks like the issue is only when I exported directly from crystal. When I scheduled the report it was exported to PDF and sent out with no formatting issues.
Not sure what the difference would be.

p_b_bradley :ireland: (BOB member since 2006-03-15)

The system that does the scheduling probably has some registry settings that prevent this. Are you running through Crystal Reports Server or SAP BusinessObjects? If so, you should have access to SAP Note 2165260, which is a master list of all of the special registry settings that can be used to fix various problems in Crystal. If not, let me know and include the version of Crystal that you’re using and I’ll track down what you need.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

So Hiffy,do you know if there are ‘fixes’ for the Crystal Viewer when it exports to PDF. A couple of years ago, most of the reports for one application (that uses a Crystal Viewer) would not any issues exporting to PDF (except text boxes in sub-reports). But recently we have getting issues when reports were exported to PDF (not wrapping correctly).

The only solution I have found so far was to fully justify the text and/or change the font type/size.

If you have access to SAP Support, you can look for SAP Note 2165260, which is the master list of all of the registry settings available to control aspects of Crystal. There are a number of them that work with PDF exports.

-Dell

So since the users (mostly that have this issue) are using a Crystal Viewer from an application. Would the registry have to be modified for each user or just the web server presenting the report?

FYI: After following the above link and a couple of other links. I found information that hopefully will address the issue I have having without a registry fix.

If it’s a web application, the registry settings will occur on the web server. If it’s a non-web application, they would have to be done wherever the application runs.

-Dell

Definitely a web app. But in this case it looks like I just need to make a change to text boxes that have the issue of no wrapping the text correctly (text gets cut off on the right side when exported to PDF).