BusinessObjects Board

WIS 30951

Hi,

While trying to open any report in DEV, we are getting some error.

I tried searching for it and got 1 link, but even after changing the setting (CMC / servers / service categories / webi / Properties of webiprocessing server / Maximum Document Cache Size (KB)) it is not working.

https://bobj-board.org/t/121551

https://bobj-board.org/t/155190

Could someone please help me…
Report Error.JPG

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Few things:
Did you restart Webi server in CMC after the change?
Did you try to open this document from CMC?

icotler :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)

Hi ICotler,

Your solution worked like a charm. Thanks a lot. Actually I forgot to restart the CMS after changing the port and also other servers where I changed the setting. Now it is working fine.

Hi, Sorry for Post bumping.

Actually it was urgently needed, so I am writing :hb: .

Again the issue started and now I am not able to open the report from CMC also, could someone please tell me if there is any fix for this.

And it is started since yesterday after we changed the CMS port number and after restarting it, it worked fine yesterday , but today nothing seems to be working, I am not able to erun any report. :hb:

Which port you are talking about? In CentralManagmentServer?

Yes It was using some high end port which was blocked from our offshore, so we changed it to some other port and by doing this we are now able to access client tools.

Now again in the morning I saw the reports are working fine, I don’t know what is going on in DEV environment , sometimes the reports are not working , sometimes it starts working … Very wiered , Somewhere I feel some changes are being done by some person which I am not aware of which is bad at my side. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

How many Administrator you have? Limit the number or create subset of the administrators with limited capabilities. Modify their security.

Thanks for your response ICotler. That can be done, still I am trying to find the solution, why this is happening …

Sometimes the reports work fine and sometimes I get this error, there has to some way out for this issue, even restart of the servers doesn’t help in this issue… :frowning:

Aniketp,
Look in the event viewer on the BOE server if this is Windows implementation or something similar if it is not Windows based install. You may find the answer there look for unusual warnings for BOE servers.

I can’t check server as I do not have rights , is there any way I can identify the issue and how it got resolved?

And many thanks for your responses & keeping this thread alive.

Ask Admin to look this one up for you?

No admin… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: . Sometimes it works fine , sometimes not and people are happy working like this. I don’t understand what to do in this case , gone crazy… And many thanks for your support on this issue.

Now I learnt that they have raised some ticket with BO support,let’s see if they provide some solution for this issue… I will keep you updated.