BusinessObjects Board

Windows 7 - BO 6.5 CLIENT

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this topic. I picked the one that sounded the best to me. :slight_smile:

This is a question about installing the BO 6.5 client in Windows 7. Our department has just rolled out Windows 7 as the ā€œOS of choiceā€ on our work machines. I am a BO Report developer, and we are supporting 6.5 Reports for the next few months, so unfortunately I need to find a solution for developing BO 6.5 reports in Windows 7.

I tried searching the SAP support site, but didnā€™t see anything confirming or denying any windows 7 support. So, I am asking the real experts here. :slight_smile:

When I try and run the setup.exe program to install BO 6.5, it crashes with no error. I am wondering if anyone has successfully installed the BO 6.5 client in Windows 7.

Or, alternatively, if someone can post a link to an official notice from SAP saying Windows 7 is not supported I can show it to my bosses.

Thanks!

jvann (BOB member since 2009-02-26)

The reason is - Windows 7 is recently launched and I dont think SAP will provide any kind of document stating XYZ OS is not supported with our product (for which support is already ended :wink: )

The only official document you can get is supported platform list for BO 6.5 which will cover the OS at the time it was launched.

You can see this list at SMP > Help and Support > SAP Business Object Supports > In the left paneā€¦ Documentation > Supported Platforms/PARs > Archive > Business Objects Enterprise 6

I hope with this info. you can convince your boss. :wave:

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)

I installed 6.5.SP4, XI R2 SP6 and XI 3.3 DeskI/WebI clients on windows 7 (ultimate) and they all work without problems.

szorko (BOB member since 2003-11-20)

Thanks for sharing this! :smiley:

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)

Nicholas,

You may have also been able to run this in some type of compatability mode, within Windows 7, if there is such a feature?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi All,

We are also testing the BO 6.5 sp3 client on windows 7. The full installation seems to work fine but the zabo we are facing issues. The ā€˜CS: Job already in useā€™ is coming for many users. For some of them the issue go resolved after changing the Internet Explorer timeout parameter on Registry for some thats not working. Any pointers?

Thanks
Ranjith

ranjith_k01 (BOB member since 2011-02-23)