BusinessObjects Board

WID Scanner

I’m having the same problem. BOpat, did you find the solution for this? Does anyone else know how to fix it? Many thanks in advance.

bluesky :us: (BOB member since 2006-03-02)

Can you help me with getting the grep command setup? Can you send me a screenshot of how you have your Grep setup?

joefonseca79 (BOB member since 2007-07-03)

Has anyone else seen this error msg when using the WID Scanner?

I ran it in DEV and QA and no issues. When I did it in PROD I got the following error.

SYNTAX_ERROR_IN_STRING_IN_QUERY_EXPRESSION_Dynamic_Objects_Desc

I have attached a picture for your review.

http://picasaweb.google.com/joefonseca79/WORK#5348786710017105650

I’m getting the following error:

Automation error
The specified module could not be found

I know it is probably some simple problem I have caused, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias

dnemeth (BOB member since 2008-10-29)

Grep has to be installed on the server and I have only gotten it to work while running on the sever. You need to set the class path on the server also

Thanks I got it working in DEV and QA but it errors out now when I try aganist Prod to make a MDB file.

Hello.
I needed a utility which can get me web i reports information .
I SAW WID SCANNER FROM THE FORUM. BUT IAM NOT SURE HOW TO USE IT. I DOWNLOADED GREP BUT WHAT I SHD NEXT. HOW TO RUN THE WID SCANNER REPORT.PLEASE HELP ME.

rekha (BOB member since 2008-06-08)

Hello
I Downloaded the grep and unzipped it. it gave two folders src and manifest . i di dnot find the exe file to install it or how to set the path.
because when i run deski it said file not found.
please help me

rekha (BOB member since 2008-06-08)

I was able to comment out the Error code and it now works in Prod.

Were you able to get this going? If not I can help you configure. I also setup a universe and some reports off of the data.

You can follow this link I have documented how I setup the GREP tool on our server.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhmg8mtv_7g542wxft

Hi All,

I am very interested in using this utility but I am having a hard time trying to get it to work. I downloaded grep 2.5.1a win32 version from sourceforge and tried everything that was instructed. I installed it on the server and had the PATH variable set.

But I still cannot get it to work. I am writing the data to a .mdb file and wid_document_objects tables till doesnt get populated.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated. I have also noticed in the forum thread that someone was able to using the FIND Command instead of GREP. If I could get any help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks all.

khajasamiuddin (BOB member since 2006-06-23)

This is a great tool. It is working for the most part for me except the object extraction piece.

Grep is installed and working. I can run the grep command manually in a command window and create the tempobjects txt file.

The line giving me trouble is:

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
            sDBCS = "%comspec% /c " + "grep -a " + Chr(34) + "<Name>" + Chr(34) + Space(1) + Chr(34) + cFileStorePath + sName + ".wid" + Chr(34) + " > " + Chr(34) + cFL_Path + cTempObjects + Chr(34)
            [b]oShell.Run sDBCS, 7, True[/b]                

oShell.Run runs but creates an empty file. If I take the same command in variable sDBCS and run it manually in the command window, the text file contains the objects but for some reason when the command is executed through the code, the text file with the objects is empty.

Any ideas? Is there any other way to run the GREP command?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, this is an awesome tool!

Thanks!!

jgorricho :colombia: (BOB member since 2005-10-21)

Actually, a simple bounce of the PC (an accidental one caused by a power outage) fixed the problem.

This is an awesome tool. Thank you very much.

jgorricho :colombia: (BOB member since 2005-10-21)

I am experiancing this same issue dinesh2005 reported. Any advise/suggestions/work around for this issue :?:

stank1 (BOB member since 2008-06-09)

Can anyone help me - I am trying to use this on BOXI 3.1 but am getting an error on the line ‘Set ceSessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”) ’
the error is ‘Automation error - one or more arguments are invalid’.
I have tried the suggestion in an earlier post and changed the line to refer to CrystalEnterprise11.5 and that gives me a different error ‘ActiveX component cant create object’.
I suspect that I need to change to CrystalEnterprise12’ and also make sure that I have the correct ‘references’ included, can anyone tell me what I should have included please or anything else that I need to do

sdimb :uk: (BOB member since 2007-04-18)

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, this was resolved by changing from CreateObject to New.CrystalEnterpriseLib.SessionMgr

sdimb :uk: (BOB member since 2007-04-18)

Hello,

Can any one help with the below error that i’m getting when running the rep file:
“Visual Basic for Applications is not available, thus embedded macros will not run”

What do i need to install so that it works??

ommak :kuwait: (BOB member since 2008-09-04)

Hello-When I open the WIDScanner 1.2 file, it opens Deski and displays a single page with text. There is no link or .exe file to start. Can you advise what steps to take to use this program. I am a developer on a larger network where the server is housed at a global site. Need to document our departments Webi docs and objects. Many Thanks- :slight_smile:

Pennyshoe :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-04)

I don’t have grep installed.

is grep is free software?

After installing Grep what I have to do?

Rakesh_K :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)

Any help?

Rakesh_K :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)