BusinessObjects Board

Who is Going to BI + Analytics conf Aug 2017 Nashville

Who is Going to
BI + Analytics conf Aug 2017 Nashville

LANFIELD :us: (BOB member since 2006-05-18)

I’m planning to go.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

We will also go there even if the date is not the best one …

CU there

They have these 2 hotels listed as conference price hotels.
[list]Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
[/list]
is there a preferred one? typically I like staying where everyone stays.

I’m thinking about either going to this conference or the Sapphire in Orlando … being a BO admin and BODS admin, would you expect a better experience from the Nashville ASUG conference vs the Sapphire in May. I’ve been to a Sapphire about 5 years ago, and it didn’t have a lot to offer for the BO world. I’m not sure if the Sapphire has gotten better for BO users in the last 5 years.

Thanks,
Terance

tb185024 :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

MANY people here on BOB regularly go to both. hopefully someone like Michael Welter or Chris P can chime in.

Hey Dan, probably not going to see you at either this year
too bad, nashville does sound like lot of fun

as mentioned earlier (and i think there’s other threads on this topic)
both conferences are great, i’ll even throw in the recently completed BI20xx conferences

SAPHIRE is more for ERP and managment types, although there is a nice analytics track … it’s big … think oracleworld big

the ASUG conference is much smaller, but much more concentrated on the analytics, (IMHO) more approprate for BOBJ admins

HTH

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

In addition to what’s being said, Sapphire is more “forward looking”. It is a conference where you can find out the Product Roadmap, what new features are coming out, and what new solution that your company can use. New solution like the BusinessObjects Cloud and the new SAP Cloud Platform (a re-branding of SAP HANA Cloud Platform). BOC and SCP are the direction SAP is moving to. Whether you are going to use it or not, it is important to be familiar with them.

Last but not least, you can talk face-to-face with the Product Team at Sapphire. They may or may not come to the smaller ASUG conferences due to travel budget constraint. Just something to think about if that is important to you.

Personally, I have to attend Sapphire, primarily because of the networking opportunity, with SAP management/product team, and with other developers from other companies. The knowledge sharing and collaboration are priceless in my humble opinion.

Since you are a BOBJ Admin, you might be interested in the BI 4.2 SP4, which should be covered at Sapphire. However, you can also learn about it by attending the ASUG BI Platform SIG webcasts, if you are an ASUG member.

Hope this helps.

P.S. By the way, the Call for Speakers for the BI+Analytics Conference will end by next Friday 3/24/2017. Please submit your abstract if you have not done so. :slight_smile:

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I haven’t been to SAPPHIRE, so I can’t comment on it. The ASUG conference is very focused on the BI side of SAP. It’s good for people who don’t use other SAP products.

I also like the BIXXXX conferences from SAP Insider. Great content, and very well organized.

IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU THERE

I’m going. I am also conducting a pre-conference hands on workshop covering creating HANA calculation views and then connecting Web Intelligence to them.

jdh2n (BOB member since 2006-11-13)

We are organizing a BOBJ party with a band (like last year in New Orleans)
@B :mrgreen: Bers you are all welcome to join.
Just register here

Aug the 8th. 360Sweet party from 7PM until 10PM
Nashville Bar
Nearby Event & Music Joint
Nashville, TN

Stop by 360Suite booth to get your wristband!

I bet it will be a pretty suite party! I’ll be there.

Y’all have fun :mrgreen:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

I registered! thanks for putting this on.

Hi All,
I’m curious if anyone has any feedback on the BI Analytics conference in Nashville earlier this month? I had considered going, but ultimately decided that it didn’t appear there was enough useful information to justify.

What were your opinions? Was it well organized? Good content? If you went, would you consider going next year?

And I’m kind of surprised they scheduled the next one already for Feb '18.

JohnCW :us: (BOB member since 2004-08-05)

I thought it was a very good conference. The content was excellent, at least from my perspective, and the organization was done very well. This one was organized by Eventful Conferences, which was acquired by ASUG last year. They did a good job.