BusinessObjects Board

What does itconfig_rep.exe do and can I change its port?

Hi all,

I have been told by our IT department that one of the BO processes (itconfig_rep.exe) is using port 10000 and this is an issue as their backup software uses the same port.

The itconfig_rep.exe is in here:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\bin\orb\asp\6.0\bin

and is using port 10000

They have asked me if we can stop it running (probably not I guess?) or if we can change the port.

I would like to know if its possible to change it and where I do that? and would also be interested in understanding what this process does?

Thanks in advance
Claire

EDITED TO ADD:
I have now changed the port range in the Configuration Manager to be 10001-10041 rather than 10000-10040 and am hoping this works!

Claire Everitt :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-03)

Hello Claire,

Communication between all Business Objects server components is provided by the CORBA-compliant object request broker Orbix 2000.

And the itconfig_rep.exe belongs to Orbix 2000. Apart from itconfig_rep executable, below are few others which belongs to Orbix 2000

itnaming
itnode_daemon
itlocator

Yes, it should work.

Also, you can logon to Admin Console and then see which ports are used by Orbix 2000 processes.
See Global report (in Admin Console) if you are intrested in knowing which BO process is running on which port. :wave:
Orbix 2000 exe ports.JPG

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)

Thanks Nicholas, it was nice to understand what it does! :slight_smile:

Claire

Ok so I made the change with no issues on my Test server. However just gone to do it on my Live server and it didnt go so well!

I stopped the server, changed the port range to be 10001-10041 in the Config Tool and then started the server. Got the Webi login page but then a 503 error when you click login.

I changed the port range a few more times to try different ranges and it only seems to work when the ports are in the original range 10000-10040.

I did not restart the server (need to get another team to do that) but I didnt have to do that when I made the change in Test…

Not sure what to do next? anyone got any ideas?

thanks
claire

Might be the live server is behind firewall.

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)