BusinessObjects Board

Welcome to the New Text Analysis Forum!

Greetings,

First off - a huge THANK YOU to the BOB Mods for creating this for forum for us!

I have big hopes for this forum and the potential it can unleash.

Did you know that you can:

• Integrate Text Analysis with Active Directory (or another LDAP provider)
  • Crawl files on remote directories
  • Set the defaults to match your companies needs
  • Create some wicked reports using CR/WebI/Xcelsius on TA results

Whatever question or comment you might have, please feel free to post here and I (and hopefully a growing number of contributors) will try to help you!

Chris

ChrisInTX :us: (BOB member since 2010-03-24)

My first question is, why is all the documentation on help.sap.com for XI 3.0? What is there in 3.1? And can we have it for Edge? So thats three questions then 8)

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hey Nick,

I’m glad you used up your 3 questions so now you cant ask anymore :slight_smile: (just kidding…)

1. Why is all the documentation on help.sap.com for XI 3.0?
  • Technically, the documentation is for 3.0 SP2 which could be considered a 3.1 (or 3.2) version from a Business Objects standpoint. SP2 specifically contains the Voice of the Customer Solution Kit which comes with a refined data model (for SQL Server only), a Universe, and 2 WebI reports to help people get off the ground quickly.
  1. What is there in 3.1?
  • See above answer, there isnt a 3.1 version
  1. Can we have it for Edge?
  • It is licensed by itself so you could use it with Edge (SP2 comes with a Universe so you can build directly on top of that). You may be able to get a trial license from SAP to help determine if it’ll work for you. I do have to admit it’s not the cheapest thing available so that could be a determiner for you.

There isnt a planned release until 4.0 which will come out EOY or early next (along with the rest of the BO 4.0 product suite).

Chris

Thanks for the info…it doesn’t appear on the free trials page so I guess we’re out of luck!

The SAP Trial download page is a joke, in my opinion. Do you have a sales person that you work with?

You can get a trial for almost every product - Text Analysis has a simple text file based license so they can whip one up. You just have to have a knowledgeable sales person as a lot of the new ones dont know the entire product suite.

Chris

Yes, it certainly is. I’ll see what our supplier company says.

Hello

Good Idea this forum

How can I Crawl text out of the web to a certain topic?

Thanks Beat

beat77 :switzerland: (BOB member since 2008-04-29)