BusinessObjects Board

WebIntelligence TimeOut at 60 minutes

I am still fighting this one. We have a report that continues to time out at exactly 60 minutes. We are using WEBI 2.7. I have the following settings in the Service Administrator Panel on the server.
WISessionManager
session time out 5400 (s)
WIGenerator
Max inactive time 5400(s)
Max WIQT active time 5400(s)
Max WIQT inactive time 5400(s)
BO Manager
Timeout for interactive actions 90 (min)
Timeout for batch actions 90(min)

The only other fix I saw was to set a registry key in IE but that was for version 4.01 we are currently using 6.0 sp2. The timeout message box I am getting has the header Webintelligence Error and message Connection Time .out

Microsoft fix from WEBI help file
2. Add the ReceiveTimeout DWORD value with a data value of *1000 in the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings
For example, if you want the timeout duration to be 8 minutes, set the ReceiveTimeout data value to 480000 (<480>*1000).

Mike Murray :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

Two ideas for things to check…

What is the universe connection time? File + Parameters, look at the Controls tab for this information.

Is there perhaps a timeout on the database itself? Even if the connection setting for the universe is set to 90 minutes, it may be that the DBA’s have set a connection timeout at the database level.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

The universe parameter was not set so I moved it to 90 minutes, it still timed out. I can run this same report on my desktop and it will return data without a time out.

Which service pack of 2.7 are you using? If it’s an old one, perhaps this is a bug. And it might have even been fixed in the later releases, such as version 5.1.9 / 2.7.5.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

We are using 5.1.6/2.7.2 with a CSP.
I filed a case with BO support whose initial reply was to set the time out in IE in my registry. Which they referenced the default 5 minute timeout in IE 4.0, which is now 60 seconds in 5.x and 6.x IE. I strongly suggested they do some more digging since we run reports that exceed 60 seconds of wait time. Since we have external customers using WEBI I also do not want to get involved with adjusting their registry settings. Our in house IT guys also agree with me that this is not the problem.

:hb:

what webserver is being used?

Just a couple of things to look at:
there is a Timeout setting in the web server, and also what is the TPC/IP KeepIdle or KeepAlive parameter set to?

hywire (BOB member since 2005-09-07)