BusinessObjects Board

WEBI Server running and not recognized by ASP

I am trying to build a new test environment WEBI server.
I am using a basic global.asa file on the server with out any customization, which is what we have on our production and the current test box I am replacing. I can log into webi and run reports on the server, I can pick up reports from BCA queues but when I am checking in my ASP page for webISerevr.IsRunning I am not finding it running.

I am using BO 5.1.6 with a CSP and WEBI 2.7.2. I am trying to get a server up to replace an older obselete server we currently use for test.

Then the real fun will begin of building a test environment for XIr2

Mike Murray :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

Seems like I remember having to start a default application in IIS within the properties the /wi virtual directory for this to work. I don’t recall precisely the tab name off the top of my head, nor if the /wi virtual directory was the one which had to be started for sure, but it’s worth a try. If I find any notes I’ve made that are a little more certain I’ll let you know.

Going to XIR2 huh? Did BO tell you that you could upgrade directly? Or do you still need to go through an upgrade to v6.5.x first like the last time I checked? Could be twice the upgrade fun there.

Jeremy Rogers :us: (BOB member since 2003-07-01)

There story is we can go there directly…plan is to build a test environment of 3-4 servers and migrate current production to it. The migration tools can be used and yet keep the 5.1 environment intact.

Mike Murray :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

Hmm, that should be interesting. May the force be with you as far as the upgrade goes. I think our leap to XI won’t be until next year at the earliest according to our current plan.

Jeremy Rogers :us: (BOB member since 2003-07-01)