BusinessObjects Board

Webi report in Dashboard Viewer - how to schedule

Hi
We have a Performance Manager dashboard setup that contains about 25 webi reports, each contained in a ‘viewer’.

How can we schedule these so that they are automatically refreshed overnight? I’ve looked into the dashboard scheduler but I don’t seem to be able to select my ‘viewer’ documents - I guess this is for other types?
Have also looked into scheduling the actual webi documents which works but then these latest instances aren’t displayed in the ‘viewer’ for the dashboard. It doesn’t seem possible to map the document in the ‘viewer’ to the ‘last instance’ - you can only select the document name and it doesn’t show the latest.

This, to me, seems a fundamental task to be able to do - maybe I am approaching it all in the wrong manner? Any advice gratefully received.

We are using Xi R2 with SP4 installed.

HPepper (BOB member since 2008-08-05)

In CMC -> Enterprise Applications -> Infoview, set “Object Listing” to “View the latest successful instance of the object”. This should cause your Viewer analytics to show the latest instance.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thankyou, Joe. This is absolutely on the button and solved the problem. I can’t thank you enough!

HPepper (BOB member since 2008-08-05)

my pleasure :slight_smile:

Just be aware (I should have mentioned this before) that that setting alters the behavior of the report listing in WebI. The default behavior is that clicking on a report title will open the base report – with this change, the report title will open the latest instance. This is our preferred method, anyway.

Hi joepeters,

I have a smilar requirement as mentioned by HPepper.

If i am not wrong,the option suggested by you will be applied globally.

Is there any way to restrict it to a particular folder only.

Many thanks.

sikhakolli (BOB member since 2010-06-29)

Nope.