BusinessObjects Board

Webi processing servers in starting mode

hye ,

I have noticed past few times that one of my webi processing servers stays up in 'Staring ’ mode . Need to know the reason behind this & what can be done to fix it permanently ? Thank you .

Cynosure

cynosure (BOB member since 2011-10-05)

Hi,

One of our users faced the similar issue. It was because of corrupted cache of webi processing server. He deleted the cache of webi processing server and it started perfectly.

Please do the following steps to delete the cache of webi processing server:

1. Navigate to WebI’s cache directory. By default, this is located in:
    Windows: \BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data<CMS_port>\storage\

2. Delete the subdirectories to clear out existing cache

Note that WebI will regenerate the cache. Initial WebI reporting activities may have performance degradation until cache is re-established.

There is one related SAP KB Article on this But I forgot the KB no.

Cheers!

123456 (BOB member since 2011-05-27)

Are you referring to the following note

1494758 - Web Intelligence Processing Server does not start , remains in Failed mode

cynosure (BOB member since 2011-10-05)

Hi,

Right now I can not open SAP Portal so not able to confirm exact KB number.

But you can do a quick test to verify that the issue is because of corrupted cache of webi server.

Please go to property of problematic webi processing server> disable the cache> start this server.
If you are able to start the server without any issue the problem is indeed because of corrupted cache.

After verification you can go for deletion of cache of webi processing server as suggested in my previous post. Do not forget to enable the cache and restart the server finally

Cheers!

123456 (BOB member since 2011-05-27)