BusinessObjects Board

Webi Performance Tweaks

We have a Webi server that is stretched to its limits. The machine crawls and often freezes during peak load.

I was hoping someone could advise me on any of the settings the Services Administrator or Broadcast Agent Console which can be adjusted or played with to increase performance.

Thanks.

avoss (BOB member since 2006-06-13)

I created a spreadsheet with some performance hints / comments that I collected from various sources - send me a mail.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi Mike,

I have send an email to you to request the same.

Thanks In Advance

Joe

bobxi :singapore: (BOB member since 2006-07-21)

Mike, maybe you could attach the worksheet here?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

The spreadsheet was an ongoing collection of anything relevant to webi performance - from bandwidth and using loadrunner, to performance tweaks and admin setting sugestions, server settings, conection setting etc - each area contained on a specific tab within an excel spreadsheet i.e. a quick consolidated reference for every component that could affect performance.
Unfortunately, it also includes some techsupport and User Conf suggestions - last year I passed it on to Andreas/Dave/Steve for possible inclusion in BOB and they pointed this out and we left it at that.
I oft get inundated with requests for this doc, but as I had created it as a concise ref / guide for the various sites i support in our group, I had not considered the copyright aspects :roll_eyes:

I was considering rewriting the ‘stolen’ bits, but XI was already out, so I thought I would rather set about recreating the BO (v6) sizing spreadsheet instead.

And - my latest laptop re-image has me now scratching around for another copy for myself :oops:

I’ll see what Andreas and them think about a ‘rewrite’.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Seriously, I would advise anyone to upgrade to 6.5.x or if possible to XI R2 instead of dealing with any 2.x issues.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Yup…

U can set the NLF as per your need for load distribution.

Plz use admin console ,WiGenerator For this purpose,

Cheers,Guts

Moderator comment: Please do not use Instant Message abreviations on BOB, such as “u” for “you”, or “Plz” for “Please”. We are an international community, and spelling out the words will make BOB easier for everyone.

hereisgautam :india: (BOB member since 2006-08-18)