BusinessObjects Board

webI pagination

I have a WebI report with multiple tabs and I want to include pagination when exporting to PDF (page 1 of 10, etc). WebI resets the pagination per tab instead of displaying for the whole document. I know this has been requested a few times (I found some posts 10+ years old) but just wondering if this feature was ever added? I am on 4.2 SP4.

1 Like

I doubt there is any resolution to this from SAP. Their terminology for Web Intelligence is to refer to the files as “documents” and the individual tabs as “reports”. They seem to consider the tabs as separate entities.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Totally agree with John here. I actually wrote the below blog as a workaround for this requirement, please leverage it, if it makes sense.

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/05/27/continuous-page-numbering-in-multi-tab-webi-document/

Thanks,
Mohammed

Hi Mohammed -
Interesting work-around but I am looking for an automated solution that eliminates the possibility of human error. Some of our webI reports are used for regulatory filings so the pagination has to be 100% accurate. If we are submitting 100 PDFs (each with 50+ pages) it would time-consuming to double-check each file.

Seems like this has been requested by many people so not sure why SAP hasn’t added this feature.

1 Like