BusinessObjects Board

Webi Login issue

When we try to connect to webi, the login screen is bouncing back.

Itsead of taking the Business objects username and password, the login expects the NT username and password.

Please let me know if you have any solution for this and Why its happenning?

Thanks,

peacock (BOB member since 2002-11-07)

Did you create user id and pwd in Supervisor? or have you configured LADP to use NT authenticated user id pwd? if your user id and pwd is NT authenticated then you need to create same user id and pwd in supervisor in order access webi. What middleware are you using? please provide detail information about connectivity as well.

Hope this helps…

M-

Mohammad T. Hussain (BOB member since 2004-09-21)

Yes. I created the userid and password and I am not using NT authentication. we are using CORBA.

It used to work.

Thanks,

peacock (BOB member since 2002-11-07)

By default, WebI uses the the Basic Authentication Driver (which prompts for BusinessObjects userid and password). Did someone can change the authentication method?

If you go to the WebIntelligence System Adminstrator’s Guide, look in what is probably Chapter 7 for “Specifying Authentication Methods”. There are multiple steps that have to be “coordinated” between the HTTP server and Administrator.

If you’re using IIS, is it possible that someone set the IIS Manager properties for the WWW Service to Windows NT Challenge/Response (rather than to Basic authentication – which is what causes the prompts for BusinessObjects userid/password)?

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)