BusinessObjects Board

WEBI Gauge Chart - RAG rating

Hi all,

I have a Count of Unique ID’s variable.

Is it possible to create a Gauge chart where you are able to set your own max and min values?

I can colour code cells/cell values in a table to achieve this using Conditional Formatting but it would be nice to be able to display this graphically, a speedo gauge would be ideal for this

TIA

Hi Nathan,

What version of Webi are you working on?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response

4.2 SP6 Patch 5

Page 374:

If you want to do it with RAG, then your option is to create three charts with different colours, with visibility based on a variable that is driven by your threshold values.

I’m struggling to apply the threshold values if I’m honest, which is where the problem lies. I’ve never had the need to use this type of chart before and it looks like its expecting a separate measure to define the threshold (Target Value).

Example…

I wish to say that if the count of unique ID’s is over 200* then this is Red, anything under can be green or even amber then green. *I assume this would be the Target Value

Is there a way to manually define the Target, Max and Min values without it having to reply on a measure object from the Universe?

You can create measure variables in your report with static numbers in them, or which are the input of a user prompt.

This video should be able to help you:

I’ve managed to get something that sort of works, just prior to you sending this…

I’ve created a Min and a Max variable that merely returns a number and doesnt reference another object. I have then used those values in the Assign Data Max Value and the Min Value.

To colour code the speedo for my specific numerical ranges was a little more tricky, as its based on percentages rather than values (unfortunately unticking the ‘Is percentage’ didn’t make any difference). So I’ve kind of had to adjust the percentage figures around to get as close as I can. If you calculate the actual percentage differences manually you end up with a point something of a percentage, BO wont cater for this sadly. Shame you dont get the option to enter numerical values otherwise it would be ideal

1 Like

You could probably round the percentages to look visually close enough.

Unfortunately I don’t have access to 4.2 to be able to dive in and help in any more detail.