BusinessObjects Board

WEBI Documents vs. Scheduled Instances

In Activity/Audit universe, is there a way to differentiate refreshes of a WEBI document in InfoView vs. instances created from scheduled refreshes?

We are using 3.1.

Thanks!

jdean1012 :us: (BOB member since 2007-06-26)

Yes, but itā€™s a PItA. You have to look for the existence of a Logon event with the same session ID. If thereā€™s a logon even, then it was an interactive refresh. If there was no logon event, it was a scheduled refresh.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Got itā€¦thanks!

Hi,
Can you please elaborate on more please or give me sample query? , We are trying to find the active reports for last 6 months but our results are not coming correct due to schedule instances.

sat.dpi :india: (BOB member since 2009-02-12)

I created a universe for auditing BusObj and created a derived table that identifies SESSION_IDā€™s that are associated with a LOGON event in ADS_EVENT:

SELECT DISTINCT
SESSION_ID
FROM MBPBOAUD_USER.ADS_EVENT
WHERE EVENT_TYPE_ID = 1014
AND SESSION_ID IS NOT NULL

Then, I outer joined this derived table back to ADS_EVENT based on SESSION_ID.

Finally, I created an object based on this relationship that basically says that events with the same session ID as the derived table are those where the ā€œUser Logged Inā€ and the others are assumed to be ā€œScheduled.ā€

CASE WHEN NVL(ADS_EVENT.SESSION_ID,ā€™-1ā€™) = NVL(ADS_EVENT_LOGON_SESSION.SESSION_ID,ā€™-1ā€™) THEN ā€˜User Logged Inā€™ ELSE ā€˜Scheduledā€™ END

This is FAR from perfect, but it at least gives me some direction.

Hope this helps!