BusinessObjects Board

webI color format

I have an existing report with a table with a border set with a custom RGB color. Now I want to add a new table to the report and use the same color. How do I find out the RGB value used in the first table? When I click on border (in the old table) it shows the correct color in the preview but when I click on color it just defaults to black, doesn’t show me the existing value. I could copy and paste but I would like to know the actual value to use in other places.

Within the format of the table that has the custom border RGB color you want to copy click the drop down to show what I call the Standard Color Picker and then click “More colors…”.

That will bring up the Custom Color Picker which will reveal the custom RGB values…

If you just want to replicate all the table format settings you could use the Format Painter.

Noel

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply, I was able to figure it out.

The weird thing is that when I go to custom color picker the RGB color displays black (R: 0, G: 0, B: 255) even though the color orange displays correctly in the report. When I clicked on the border for a different cell it did display the orange RGB I needed.

I have 4.2 SP7 (java webi editor). My custom color picker looks slightly different from your screenshot.