BusinessObjects Board

WEBI/BCA Administrator Tool-Won't connect to Cluster Manager

Hello everyone

I had searched this forum for this issue but didnot find one that quite explained my problem.

Whenever I try to log into either of the Administrator tools, after entering System Admin’s User/Password, all it says “Connecting to Cluster Manager” but doesn’t do a thing.

Following is what happens in the background:

If you look at the fourth line,
DORBagentAddr=0.0.0.0
I dont know if that should have the IP Address of the server machine, as I never noticed it when that Administrator tool was working fine earlier.

If thats what it is, then how would I correct this, please help.

If not then any suggestions and recomendations in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

We
are using BO 5.1.3, WEBI 2.6.3
are using MS Windows 2000 SP 4 for the server machine
recently upgraded our repositor from Oracle 8i to 9i, and in the process we moved the repository from one location to other

I also tried running the tool from …Server/System2.5/Bin, but encountered the same problem.

Thanks
edyl

edyl (BOB member since 2005-10-03)

The ORB agent and port information should be set in the ORBDesktop.ini file under C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Server\System 2.5\Bin

ORBagentAddr=
ORBagentPort= (whatever it was set to during installation)

if they are not set, the BO Services Administrator and BCA won’t work.

hywire (BOB member since 2005-09-07)

hi hywire,

thanks for your prompt reply. I went to …Server/System2.5/ORBDesktop.ini file on the BO Server and found the following:
ORBagentAddr=0.0.0.0

So what you suggest is type in the server machine’s ip address and save the file? Since this is the only Business Objects Server we have and its the Production Server, so before making any changes I wanted to double confirm it.

Even though our Administrator tools dont work, however our BCAs are running just fine. Further, I installed the Administrator Tool on my own PC (I entered the Port and Address when prompted while installing) and found that “ORBagentAddr” value now was the IP address I entered during installation while I ran the Admin Tool from my PC and not 0.0.0.0 like the time I ran the Administrative tool from the server itself. Yet it would not still connect.

Please advice me more on this one

Thankyou
edyl

edyl (BOB member since 2005-10-03)

yes, the server IP address needs to be there. The port number has to match the port number used by the ORB in the server too.

Also, make sure the port is available in the client. Meaning, it is not being used by other applications.

“C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Server\WebIntelligence 2.5\Jre\Bin\jre.exe” - classpath “C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Server\WebIntelligence 2.5\http-ser ver\Classes;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Server\WebIntelligence 2.5\Jre\lib \rt.jar” -DORBagentAddr=0.0.0.0 -DORBagentPort=14999 -DORBalwaysProxy=false -DORBalwaysTunnel=false -DORBdebug=false bo.wi.adm.Frontal EN “c:/program files/internet explorer/iexplore.exe” "C:/Program Files/Business Objects/Server/WebIntelligence 2.5/http-server "

The command that is trying to execute above indicates the Port number is 14999 - is the server using that port?

The Administrator tool and the BCA console are client/server applications and they need some configuration information so they can talk to the server. The Administrator web application that you can access through a web browser, (if installed), does not use the ORBDesktop.ini file.

hywire (BOB member since 2005-09-07)