BusinessObjects Board

Web Intelligence Question

Hi,

In my Web Intelligence report, I have 5 queries Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5.
Q1 has three dimensions A1, B1 and C1
Q2 has three dimensions A2, B2 and C2.
These A, B and C shows the same values but they are from different tables.
Now I have created 2 variables V1 and V2
V1 = Q1.A1+Q1.B1+Q1.C1
V2 = Q2.A2+Q2.B2+Q2.C2
I have done the merge dimension of V1 and V2. Let’s call that V.
In the block, I am showing most of the values from Q1 but some columns I am taking from Q2 by creating a detail variable and choosing Associated dimension as V.
Till here everything is fine.

Queries Q3, Q4 and Q5 are having the dimension A2. Now I am doing the merge dimension A2 from Q2, Q3, Q4 and Q5. Let’s call that Z. I need to show some columns in the block from Q3, Q4 and Q5 as well but these column values are not appearing in the correct rows. I have created detail variables of those dimensions and chose the Associated Dimension as Z. But these values are appearing in the rows where the values from Q1 is null. I have done checked ‘‘Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation’’ in the Format Table properties and unchecked all the 3 empty measures checkbox but it is not working.

Can someone please help?

• check that content of v1 and v2 are really equal so there is a match in the merge and there will be a result
  • check that you use the correct merge-fields in your query (to avoid unexpected inner, left or right-join)
  • check to use the correct association in the details-variable
  • simplify your query/problem/question to only 2 different objects/querys and not 5
  • give us some small example data and the desired result so we can better understand your problem