BusinessObjects Board

Web Intelligence parameter passing external url

I have a column called “Document No.” in a WebI report and want to hyperlink that column to an external URL passing the “Document No.” the user clicks on. Is there a way to pass the value from the dimension?

Example: “://exampleurl.com/BillingDocumentNo=”

Sure.

Disclaimer: I am not a web developer. I may not use the exact proper terminology. Also, there may be multiple (and better) ways to do this, but this is how we have done it.

Create a variable that builds an HTML <a> Tag. I have found that I need to escape the double-quotes needed within it.

="<a href=\"http://exampleurl.com/BillingDocumentNo=" + [Document No.] + "\" title=\"\" target=\"_blank\" nav=\"web\">" + [Document No.] + "</a>"

Then just add that new variable to your table and change the properties of that column to “HTML” or “Hyperlink”.

I am not sure of the difference (HTML vs. Hyperlink) or if it matters in this case.

Hopefully, that gets you started and you can adjust this approach to meet your needs.

Noel

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much. That worked perfectly. I was struggling with where/how to reference the dimension.

1 Like