BusinessObjects Board

Web I Error: WIS 30270

Hi

i got this error while running Web i report ,the error is

Query 1 - oraclesample(universe name)
An internal error occurred while calling the ‘processDPCommands’ API. (Error: WIS 30270)

i am using BOXI/oracle 9i database

any body got this error report or any solution for this?

:confused:

gurumurthy :uk: (BOB member since 2004-12-10)

Just a guess, but maybe the parameters for the connection used by the query are set incorrectly?

andu (BOB member since 2005-04-13)

Hi Gurumurthy,

Try the following , Clear all the history files in IE and the restart all the BO Services in CCM.

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

I had the same error a while back and on careful checking I found out that the connection of the universe that I defined in the Designer was not correct and it was pointing to some other database.

Noman Jaffery

Noman Jaffery :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-05-26)

Hi Me too face the same problem but regarding my connection i tried conecting through Oracle client as well as ODBC till get the same error while running the query in Web-i. Is there any suggestion and solutions for that. will making changes on tnsnames.ora in oracle folder will help?

regards
Thangaraj Manoharan

Thangaraj (BOB member since 2004-12-08)

Yes, you’ll want to make sure that your tnsnames.ora file includes information for all of the databases you might hit with a Webi query (including the BO repository).

HTH -

DJ

DJ06482 :us: (BOB member since 2002-11-22)

Hi

Did you resolve this issues, am having the same issue unable to create new webi documents or open an existing one.

But I was able to do the same till yesterday.

am stumped.

If you have any ideas in resolvsing please let me know

thanks in advance

Bobby (BOB member since 2004-05-05)

Hi irish_stan Your suggestion did resolve this issue, but am not still convinced, how by clearing the cache and restarting all the services can do the trick.

mmm

thanks again irish_stan

Bobby (BOB member since 2004-05-05)

I just resolved this problem for Oracle 9i client. I needed to use the Net Configuration assistant instead of pasting tnsname.ora file in directory. Worked fine for Toad, but webi didn’t like what ever was done. Hope this helps :smiley:

maverick976 :us: (BOB member since 2004-07-06)

Just experienced the same error in BOXi on Sun Solaris querying against a DB2 database. The remedy had nothing to do with the universe connection though. We had to clear out the corrupt process then restart all services to fix it. Cause of error is still unknown.

ronpadz :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-14)

I am getting this error when using “UserResponse” function. Any ideas why?

bobjkb :india: (BOB member since 2004-03-19)

Can you be more specific one what a corrupt process is and what you did to clear it out?

Thanks,

PMR

ixoye25 (BOB member since 2010-03-10)

Can you be more specific one what a corrupt process is and what you did to clear it out?

Thanks,

PMR

ixoye25 (BOB member since 2010-03-10)

I had the same issue
I fixed it by giving the user full control to the universe connection in the CMC
Check if the user have got rights to you Universe connection in the CMC

FrikkieNagel (BOB member since 2006-12-20)

Also received this error.

For us, this issue occurred because the user did not have object-level access (e.g., Public, Controlled, Restricted, etc.) to an object in the report. For instance, if the object is Private, but the user only has Controlled access, a report based on this object will error with this message.

troyfurnace (BOB member since 2011-04-21)

Hello,

I had the same issue.
The problem is related to file Excel source of the report not found.
I fixed the issue by editing the source of the report and it a new source Excel file.

Regards,
MH