BusinessObjects Board

Visitor Flags

That was my interpretation too. :slight_smile:

Personally, I don’t think it’s necessary. If this is just for fun then the current flags are more than OK :yesnod:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

South Dakota showed up sometime last night. :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

If you didn’t realize this, you can click on the collection of flags and see some more statistics. As of now, there are 180 different “countries” listed on BOB’s flag list. Fun. :sunglasses:

Dave,

After a little sabbatical 8), I came back to haunt BOB and noticed these.
Very, very nice :slight_smile:

All the Best,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

I have noticed that - on occasion - the flags do not load, and the status bar says waiting for s07.flagcounter.com. Even when this happens, the BOB page has loaded correctly and is functional, and I go about reading / responding to posts. If the flag counter gets in the way of BOB operations, I can remove it. Has anyone noticed a problem with the counter besides me, and if so, did it impact your use of the board?

I’ve had no issues with it at all.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Nor me, I have noticed the message and the lag with the load, on occasion, but just proceeded as normal :).

I like to click on the flag grid (I don’t know if any of you realize you can do this, it pulls up some interesting stats) and the latest new country was:

That is, of course, the flag of the Bahamas. I wonder if they’re staying at the Bahamas Beach Resort… :lol:

I like to know what and how those in the Yukon Territories do/use Business Objects for. :crazy_face: Probably for mining, I am thinking or maybe for keeping track of the polar bears?

Mitra Moini (BOB member since 2002-09-01)

I wish I was, probably a bargain compared to todays prices :mrgreen: .

Dave and all, countries aside, it is really quite mind blowing how many people are using the site these days, long may it continue :+1: .

So who are the visitors from the Vatican and the US Minor Outlying Islands?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Maybe business analysts from the Vatican Bank? :slight_smile:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

So please people of the BOB World - move to AUSTRIA - not to mix up with Australia - usually we don’t have kangaroos :smiley: so that I may see my Country Flag one day here too … red and white and red in the correct proportions :stuck_out_tongue:

Wobi :wave:

Wolfgang Bidner :austria: (BOB member since 2002-08-30)

Austria is #42 on the list, only a few visitors behind Romania and Argentina …

US has about 12 times more than the other countries like Germany, France(!!),… Wouldn’t have expected that.
On the other hand US and Europe seem to be even, that kind of makes sense.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

If you didn’t know, you can click on the flag graphic and go to the flag counter site itself where you can see more statistics. This morning (as it seems every morning :roll_eyes: ) our flag counter is very slow and often does not appear. When that happens, the statistics are not counted.

As an overview: despite the overwhelming number of unique visitors from the US (which frankly does not surprise me too much, given that this is an English-language board) it’s less than 40% of the total traffic. India and the UK (two other English-speaking countries) make up the next 18% (9.4% and 8.4% individually). Of the BRIC countries (Brazil-Russia-India-China) India comes in first, China second (1.3%), Brazil third (1.2%) and Russia (less than 1%) last.

You can see the flags presented on a map too!

It seems the flags are gone, aren’t they?

Yes, they have been removed at least for a while. The flag counters were not refreshing fast enough to keep up with our traffic, and were only counting about 20% of the page impressions on the site. Plus during our busiest times the flag counter would often lag up to 20-30 seconds before finally coming in. I worked with the owner of the service and he could not find anything wrong, so I suspect it’s simply a matter of how frequently BOB would send a request for a flag update.

So for now, they’re offline. I lost the bet; I wasn’t sure anyone would actually notice. :slight_smile:

Ha, Werner was faster on the draw!

:rotf:

Werner, as an aside you might be interested to note that I took from a couple of your comments earlier (way earlier, to be honest post 1 post 2) about not knowing what the various “cell bar” icons were for, and have revised the “points” system for topics. The new version is inspired by the FB “like” process. Instead of the cell bars, when you view a forum or search results topics with likes will have a thumbs up icon with a counter that roughly shows the level of “likes” for that topic.

We’re also considering profile avatars, however they will only be ones hosted here on the site. We won’t allow user-uploaded avatars. That was another request that you made.

Sometimes it takes a while (the posts linked above are from 2008! :shock:) but we do get to things…