BusinessObjects Board

View Instances - UserGroup level security

Is there a way to implement ‘View Instances’ security in CMC at UserGroup level, Instead of User.

If I enable ‘View Document Instances’, user can see all the instances. I want to restrict ‘view document instances’ at user group level.

For example: ‘Texas’ State has two users, User 1 and User 2. User1 should see User 2 scheduled instances, As they both belongs to ‘Same State Group’. But both users can’t see ‘California’ State user instances.

BO Version: 4.2 SP5

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Sreeks

sreeks (BOB member since 2008-07-14)

Not currently possible. You’d either have to create an instance for every user, or copy the report for each group.

This would be a good candidate for an enhancement request.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thank you Joe.

If I create multiple copies (same report for all the states), any change in future need to implement in all the Subfolders. Even small change may take time.

If I enable instance for every user, It’s causing overload to both BO & Database. Same report running by multiple users.

sreeks (BOB member since 2008-07-14)

Neither option is perfect.

But, with the first one, you don’t actually have to make the same change in each copy of the report. Make the change once and do a “Save as” to the other folders. The other reports will be overwritten with the updated version but will retain their scheduling history including recurring schedules.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)