BusinessObjects Board

Values for SI_OBTYPE Data

I pulled this out of our Info Store using simple VBA code in Excel. I couldn’t find this data anywhere on the web, so wanted to share it to hopefully save someone else some hair loss…

These are the values for the SI_KIND field for each SI_OBTYPE value.

SI_OBTYPE SI_KIND
1 Folder
2 CrystalReport
8 Shortcut
18 FavoritesFolder
47 PersonalCategory
48 Inbox
260 Pdf
262 Txt
267 Excel
271 Program
272 Agnostic
281 Hyperlink
319 LicenseRestriction
337 Webi
340 LCMJob
354 MON.Probe
379 AFDashboardPage
421 DFS.Parameters
424 PlatformSearchScheduling

millertom :us: (BOB member since 2016-08-31)

Some of those values will be common across systems but others are dynamic. My values match yours up to 262 but the rest are different. You can retrieve the mapping of si_kind to si_obtype with the following CMS query:

select si_obtype,si_kind from ci_systemobjects where si_plugin_object = 1 order by si_obtype

Incidentally, the si_obtype property comes from the typeid column in cms_infoobjects7.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

This was very helpful. I was looking for this information today. However, the Query you posted returns a whole lot more items than what you have listed AND a lot of duplicates such as ‘DSL.MetaDataFile’.

mgrackin :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Yes, it will return a list of all distinct object kinds in the system, which can be a large list depending on what other plugins are installed.

The reason for the dups is that in BI4, object type is actually associated with si_specific_kind. If you add that property to the query, it will eliminate the duplicate results.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)