BusinessObjects Board

Utility to find active Reports

Hi,

Would like to know is there is any utility or excel macro or any other solution available to find the active reports (last 6 months) from the repository.
We have more than 50 K reports and 400 universes and it is tedious to get this through Audit reports.

sat.dpi :india: (BOB member since 2009-02-12)

I donā€™t know of any utilities as such. I have written code using the SDK that will do this sort of thing - it provides a full list of all reports and then reads the audit database to determine which have been used. Unfortunately, I canā€™t share that code as it belongs to my employer. I just mention it as a possibility for you to code.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Hi,

it would be great if you can provide the code to get the list it will be really helpful.

Regards
Navneet Kaur

Navneet Kaur (BOB member since 2015-11-18)

I canā€™t post the code, but here are the steps you need to take after connecting to both the BO system and the CMS database:

1. Get a list of all of the folders in the root of Public Folders (for XI 3.1 and older: SI_PARENTID = 0; for 4.x: SI_PARENTID = 43): Select SI_ID, SI_NAME from CI_INFOOBJECTS where SI_KIND = ā€˜Folderā€™ and SI_PARENTID = <0 or 43 depending on system version>

2. For each folder, call ā€œloadFolder(SI_ID of folder)ā€.

3. loadFolder(SI_ID) This is a recursive method that walks the folder tree to get reports

a. Get the list of subfolders:
    Select SI_ID, SI_NAME from CI_INFOOBJECTS where SI_KIND =
    ā€˜Folderā€™ and SI_PARENTID = SI_ID of parent folder

b. Get the list of reports from the folder:
    Select SI_ID, SI_CUID, SI_NAME from CI_INFOOBJECTS where
    SI_KIND <> 'Folder and SI_PARENTID = SI_ID of parent folder
    and SI_INSTANCE = 0

c. For each report, call getLastRun(SI_CUID of report) to get the last used date from the audit database.

4. lgetLastRun(SI CUID): This method gets the last used date for a report template. I donā€™t have access to an audit database for 3.1, which has a different structure, but hereā€™s the query I use for 4.x:

Select max(Start_Time) as lastRun
from ADS_EVENT
where Object_ID =
and Event_Type_ID in (1002, 1003, 1007, 1011)

Event Types
1002 = View
1003 = Refresh
1007 = Modify
1011 = Run

1. If the date from getLastRun is less than 6 months ago, output the report name and last run. You can also track the folder itā€™s in through the recursive calls to loadFolder().

2. Repeat the process for reports in User Folders using this query to get that list:

Select SI_ID from CI_INFOOBJECTS where SI_NAME = ā€˜User Foldersā€™

Use this SI_ID as the SI_PARENTID value to get the user favorites folders. NOTE: If you have more than 1,000 users, youā€™ll have to use something like: Select Top 10000 SI_ID, SI_NAMEā€¦ SDK queries will only return up to 1,000 records. Using ā€œSelect Top Xā€ will get around that limit, but it will also take longer for the query to run.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)