BusinessObjects Board

Using Universe LOV in prompt

I am wondering how to reference a universe list of values while developing a prompt in desktop intelligence. A previous post ( https://bobj-board.org/t/85392 ) gave an example that had a reference to a universe LOV. Here it is:

@Prompt(‘2. District Office # or ALL:’,‘A’,‘Custom prompts\cp50DO’,mono,constrained)

This is great but how do you actually click to find this in desktop intelligence? The user manual just talks about creating lists of values within the prompt rather than using the LOV from the universe.

twebber (BOB member since 2009-03-23)

So I copied in the text string you use for referencing an LOV from a webi prompt or in a universe condition - just like the one i posted above from that link i referenced. That worked but if you click the --Show List of Value-- in the user input prompt BO throws an error.

It says something super useful like "An unexpected error occured. Contact your administrator. It also has a code in bracket (that I assume is an error code) -> WIH 444444.

Any thoughts about how to access a universe LOV in DeskI using a prompt without getting errors would be much appreciated.

Hi,

The DeskI report that you are talking about - is it based on a universe or is it free-hand SQL?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks for the reply. Its based on a universe. I was using desktop intelligence (instead of webi) because it had a transpose function that i needed. Still get the error with the LOV but…if I “convert” the report to webi (using the report conversion tool) the LOV in WebI looks just fine. Something broken with DeskI maybe?

Try deleting the LOV from the local machine, where you have Deski installed. It may have become corrupt.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)