BusinessObjects Board

Using a Stacked Bar Chart to show results

I have a stacked bar chart that is built from a few series’ of data. I would like to be able to click on one of the segments of one of the bars and use the Insertion function to enable me to show some details of that particular segment in another chart, perhaps a pie chart.

I am struggling in figuring out how to get the single segment in the bar chart to return something that i can use to fetch the additional data i need.

The bar chart has dates across the bottom, and each date has between 0 and 6 segments, …so for February 7th there are 3 segments. I can return an Insertion that allows me to pick the positin, but that just gives me the 7th position. I need to be able to identify which of th 3 segments for Feb 7th I am selecting.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is confusing.

Cobra75007 (BOB member since 2016-09-23)

It is doable, but it takes time to get your head around. I have stacked charts which - when you click on the stacks - refresh pie charts etc. Too complex to explain easily and it will take me a while to extract the basics from my own dashboards.

Have a go in the meantime and if I get a spare half hour, I will try to put an example together for you.

Debbie

ETA: basic example attached. Sorry - but can’t upload an XLF direct so had to ZIP it - file contains one XLF file in SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 SP5 Patch 11
drill2.zip (8.0 KB)

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Thank you! Took me a while, but i think i have figured a way to make this work.

I’m now trying to figure out how to make the series name dynamic. Any suggestions?

Cobra75007 (BOB member since 2016-09-23)

Give me an example? not sure what you are trying to do.

All my dashboards are maintenance-only now, so I don’t get to play with xcelsius much these days.

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)