BusinessObjects Board

Userwise list of reports from user's Favorites folders

Hello All,

We are in need of Exact Query to retrive userwise list of reports from his/her Favorites folder.

I tried to serch on BOBJ; found multiple threads, however not getting exact query.

If you could help me out with exact query, that would be great help.

Many thanks in advance,

Vills :india: (BOB member since 2007-10-24)

I know this is an old post, but I was trying to find this information too.

You can use query builder to give you a list.

Examples:

If you want to list all details for Documents and Folders within the FavoritesFolder and Inbox for USERx:

SELECT * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE DESCENDENTS("SI_NAME='Folder Hierarchy'", "SI_NAME = 'USERx'")

To list all details for Documents and Folders only within the FavoritesFolder for USERx:

SELECT * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE DESCENDENTS("SI_NAME='Folder Hierarchy'", "SI_NAME = 'USERx' AND SI_KIND='FavoritesFolder'")

If you only wanted to see the name of the Webi Documents for USERx:

SELECT SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE DESCENDENTS("SI_NAME='Folder Hierarchy'", "SI_NAME = 'USERx' AND SI_KIND='FavoritesFolder'") AND SI_KIND = 'Webi'

Hope that helps someone else

Hayden_Gill :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Great information! I am new to administering Bus. Objects and upon joining the company here we did have a user who lost all of their favorites after their ID had been deleted from AD apparently. I was tasked to research the possibility of setting up a report to run on a daily basis that would give us all of the favorites, folders, etc for all users so that if we need to restore a users information we will have a report we can go to, to aid us in identifying what needs to be restored. This should give us a good starting point to work with!

Have any of you done anything similar?

letstest (BOB member since 2015-01-14)

Iā€™d suggest you take a look at the tool here:
http://bukhantsov.org/2012/09/infostore-query-builder-to-check-relations/

It allows you to take a query like the ones above and export them as excel.

Hayden_Gill :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)