BusinessObjects Board

User requirements

Thanks again Mike.

bouser24 (BOB member since 2006-04-11)

As mentioned, I have no qualms with sharing these docs, but must abide my stipulation to avoid company upsets:

2 corporate addresses i.e a colleague and yourself / no yahoo etc
Your contact details are only used once to send the docs and not passed on to anyone.

The project plan contains almost all tasks for designing a universe and set of reports.
The design review doc is then used to evaluate for all best practices before promoting to production.
etc

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi,

I am working on a project which involves creating adhoc universe and reports for a application. We don’t have any formal documentation template for requirements and project plan for reports side. If you can, could you please send me copy of the requirements doc and full proj plan, I would really appreciate it. That will give me a idea of creating one
for the project.

Thanks for your help

trisha (BOB member since 2005-04-02)

Sure - but please abide by the requirements posted in the thread.
It’s to ensure that these are not used by unscrupulous entities for political or monetary gain.

Yes, I am going to completely abide by the requirements posted in the thread. And I am not going to use it for for political or monetary gain.
Could you please email or attach the document to the thread?

Thanks

trisha (BOB member since 2005-04-02)

Hi Mike,

Could you please send me copy of the requirements doc for Universe desing , Reports specification document and full proj plan, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

gmoorthyp (BOB member since 2005-08-29)

Hi mike,

Could you please send me a copy too?I would be really really thankful to you.

Thanks

frenny (BOB member since 2006-11-29)

Mike, would you be willing to post your user requirement documents, etc. on BOB’s download section?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Andreas, this thread topic is a tad misleading, as the component that I get asked the most for is actually a very detailed MS Project Plan that covers every possible task for creating one Universe and 10 reports.
i.e. Overkill, as most of the tasks are either a few minutes or not even relevant - it was created to give Corps new to BO, a complete idea as to this aspect of development - and to serve as a checklist for n00bs new to unv development.

I also have a stack of high level best practise / documents on each area for orgs crazy about documenting every aspect - and i normally throw a few of them in - all told there are probably about +15.

I have no qualms about readying them for generic use - but most are v6 orientated.

Having these available on BOB would help alleviate instances where ppl have used these for self gain (as per my current instruction to try and avoid this by asking for a cc work colleague).

I’ll forward the pack on at the end of the week and we can take it from there.

Thank you, Mike that would be great :smiley:

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

This will really useful for me as well!

Thanks to all!

Regards,
Srinivas

yakkantihari :india: (BOB member since 2006-10-02)

Mike…

Thanks a lot for this. It will be extremely useful for a lot of us…

vijay.nair :india: (BOB member since 2006-08-21)

Hi Mike

Thanks a lot , It’s very useful .

gmoorthyp (BOB member since 2005-08-29)

Andreas - I’ve uploaded a zip with 3 documents into the BOB Uploads sub forum:
Universe Design Project Plan.
Guide for setting up a project team and the project from a Unv design perspective.
A checklist of Best Practises for universe i.e. any deviances can be entered and explained for future reference etc.

I’m looking at the rest, but am not sure when I will get to them.

Thanks, Mike!

Michael checked it out and moved it to Bob’s Downloads here.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Indeed … Good Stuff!! … Thanks!!

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Thank you Mike this was really helpfull for beginers like me.

kingbutnothing :india: (BOB member since 2007-01-12)

Hi

So we can get downloaded from BOB’s soon… :mrgreen:

Thank to everyone…

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

Very soon :smiley: … look here:

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)