BusinessObjects Board

user logged in session

Hello,

I want to find out how many times users have logged on to BO in a month, what is the query which I can get from Query builder or is there any way I can objects from Activity universe on BOXI 3.1 FP6.6?

Thanks in advance.

Nisha

nisha.nagarkar (BOB member since 2008-01-02)

If your auditing is turned on , on the auditing DB - you can query the EVENT, EVENT_DETAILS table with filters on EVENT_TYPE_ID and DETAIL_TYPE_ID to get a unique count of EVENT.USERNAME logged in between the dates identified by EVENT.START_TIMESTAMP

If you have the Activity universe and the reports that come along, the information should already be available in some of the reports. Dont have access to 3.1 anymore, so dont remember the report names.

Shobhit_Acharya (BOB member since 2005-08-11)

Thanks Shobhit. That works. :slight_smile:

I am creating a report from using Activity and CMS DB, there is column having username on both the universes, but I want to add user description from CMS DB to the report. Any idea how can I implement this?

Thanks,
Nisha

Userdesc isnt stored in auditor and i am not sure if retrieving it from CMS is a good idea either. I would suggest maintaining a user attributes table some place that can be referenced and a merged data provider to give the rest of the details. In my environments , we maintain/sync a complete global directory ( AD attributes) as a table which is useful in such situations.

Either way - you have to merge data providers in 3.1 to get what you need in that report.

I am wondering how can I merge two dimensions from different universes?

I have username from both the universes, but I want corresponding user description to be populated in the report. I can merge username using merged dimension, but how can I display user description in the report?
I have tried creating a variable, still no luck.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me.

Thanks,
Nisha

Merge on Username and set the user description as a “detail” object of the username object ( either in the universe, or as a local report variable).