BusinessObjects Board

User inbox report count not matching CMC view

I am attempting to set some limits on users who receive daily reports to their BI inbox. I sent out some emails to users who had over 1k of reports in their inbox. One user sent me a puzzling reply. CMC shows 1371 reports under her ID in her inbox. When she opens up her inbox there are only 17. I went to her desk and verified she was logged into our production environment and she only sees 17 reports.

I sent out a couple of dozen emails yesterday and so far she is the only one noticing any difference than CMC totals.

BI 4.2 SP04 Windows servers, SQL server CMS
:hb:

Mike Murray :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

Are the other reports in her inbox owned by a different user?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

They were scheduled by a different user and sent out to multiple inboxes.

Then the users should be able to see these in their Inbox as that’s the whole purpose, right?

Did you happen to grab a screenshot of what the user could see to compare to what you can see in the CMC? That might reveal something different.

No I didn’t but I was able to send her a report and she got it. Something appears to be cross linked. The reports I was seeing in CMC were all dated the night I migrated her inbox. Writing it off to gremlins …

It could be an ownership issue like Joe said then.

You could try replicating your migration procedure for one report and see if she can see that one to confirm.