BusinessObjects Board

User Group Details (SAP BI 4.2 SP9)

Does anyone know what precise access a user group has within Business Objects? e.g. which universe can you access if you are part of that group, which folders, reports, etc.

We have a long list of user groups and we need to define the exact access you receive by being a member of a group.

Hi Indy,
First you need to not forget that everything is an object within the BIP.
You can read all about setting rights in BIP here
So, after you have created users and groups and after you have defined membership of those users to the groups you can set the rights making use of the access levels.
Good luck!

Hi, thank you for the response, but that is not exactly what I was looking for. We have already created the User Groups and I am simply trying to determine what access each user group has in our BI environment. Do you know a quick way to do this? Do I need to look up every folder, report, and universe to figure this out? Is there a more effective way of doing this?

Download the BI Platform Support Tool from SAP. There are various functions, but the Security Analyzer will allow you to select any user/group and see what rights they have on any object, and the source of those rights. Indispensable tool for setting up/troubleshooting security.

This would take too long as not only do we have hundreds of user groups, we also have hundreds of universe and thousands of reports. Any other idea? I tried the security analyzer but it doesn’t allow you to download in bulk and it also doesn’t seem to give the info needed.