BusinessObjects Board

use of Webi Rich Client and InfoView

Our users want to see which reports are executed with the Webi Rich Client and which reports are executed with InfoView. I’ve done some testing and found the following.
When executing reports with Webi Rich Client, the logged Server_FullName is .AdaptiveProcessingServer.WebIntelligence.
When executing reports with InfoView, the logged Server_FullName is .WebIntelligenceProcessingServer.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer.
Could this be correct ?

RikDeclercq :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-09-28)

Hi Rik, that is quite correct, because the bo application servers, which handle the refresh requests sent by webi rich client or infoview are different ones.

MartyD24 :de: (BOB member since 2011-01-24)

Thanks Marty. Life would be so easy if BO SAP would document stuff like this.

Hello Rik,
can you confirm that records in the audit database with server = AdaptiveProcessingServer are related to refresh in webi client?

We have created a “derived audit database” where we store info, we gathered with the SDK. Based on the object CUID, we link the audit info with CMS info. But it is hard to get a good view on how the auditor works.

Do you also have Deski reports? We found out how auditor works for Deski reports. If you are interested, feel free to contact me.

Geert :belgium: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

I can confirm your question about the AdaptiveProcessingServer.

I am interested to know how we can audit deski_reporting.

We’re no longer on XI 3.1 but if I recall, you have to set Audits for DeskI in the Application settings not on the DeskI server. However, this will not capture local DeskI use unless the Server is used in the process.

pcgeekus :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-16)