BusinessObjects Board

Updating ABAP output file names

I found a couple ABAP data flows in RapidMart that are outputting to the same file name but with different formats, thus causing errors. So I need to update the file name.

We have our data stores set to Execute Preloaded. After making the change, I right-click on the data flow, select Generate ABAP Code, then check Upload generated programs. It uploads fine (I can see that the code has been updated in SAP) and it works for changing the code itself, but when I run it I now get the following error:

RFC CallReceive error <Function Z_AW_JOB_RUN: RFC_ABAP_EXCEPTION-(Exception_Key: ABAP_PROGRAM_SYNTAX_ERROR, No appropriate entry found in table ADRT)[SAP NWRFC 711]…>.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to update the transport file name?

Thanks.

craiggsmith (BOB member since 2009-06-01)

Odd. Can you do a syntax check uploaded ABAP via transaction se38?
That ABAP dataflow, does it have a Custom ABAP transform by any chance?

The change of the ABAP data file does not even require you to re-upload the ABAPs as the file name is passed as a parameter into the ABAP anyhow.

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Thanks, I just figured out the problem and was about to delete my post, sorry. But I’m glad your replied anyway – I was looking at the code in SAP and didn’t see the filename, so I was wondering about that. That’s great, I don’t have to have it transported. I also did a syntax check and saw that the issue was a variable. I just didn’t have the job opened when I generated the code so it didn’t have any context for the variable. Sorry, I’m new to SAP.

Thanks again.

Looks like I have to upload the code to change the name if the output is a flat file instead of a transport though.

Why? Have I been wrong?

I think it works if the output is a data transport, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work if the output is a flat file spec. When I have another opportunity I’ll test both again though.

Okay, easy to find out: The generated ABAP has a couple of parameters listed on the top and default values assigned. I state that the filename and path are among those.
I am sure about the path, though.

The path is at the top. The file name is about in the middle of the code.