BusinessObjects Board

Update previous months figures only - Help please!

Hello all,

I wondered if someone might be able to help me.
I have a table by month but what I need to do is update the table on a monthly basis and but only update the latest months figures (the previous financial years Apr16 to Mar17) leaving the months prior to this as they are and not allowing them to change. So basically, I need to sum the total of the row and with this total subtract the months prior to the latest month and the total will be the figure for the latest month.

Does this make sense?

So in essence the months prior to the latest month never change, its only the latest month that changes which is the total minus the previous months total. Basically what is needed is that we need to keep what has been invoiced for the previous months regardless of whether they have changed, so the latest month reflects the difference in the total.

Is there a variable that I can write to do this please?

I think I’ve confused myself now…its been a long week.

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

NickC76 (BOB member since 2015-07-10)

Nick,

This sounds like something you should be doing in a database; BusinessObjects is a reporting suite, not a data management tool.

Hi Mark, Many thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.
We’re not talking big numbers here its a simple table - 12 months, ten rows of figures, so I thought it might be possible to do in Webi but if you think otherwise then I’ll look for other options.

Thanks again.

NickC76 (BOB member since 2015-07-10)

Webi is a read-only reporting tool. So as our little green friend Yoda once said, “size matters not”. :slight_smile:

You might be able to do something via the SDK but I have never used it for anything like that.