BusinessObjects Board

Universe Documentor (Dwayne's plus a few extras)

Hi Dave

I have just double checked the util with the universe in question and the problem was in the universe after all (again, something not picked up by the integrity check process - invalid month/state on a date object).

So no changes required to the spreadsheet.

Cheers, Sandi

SandiR :uk: (BOB member since 2004-12-20)

Hi Dave - did this ever get uploaded?

A few folk have contacted me over the last few months and I have emailed it out.

Cheers, Sandi

Moderator note:
Finally moved to BOB’s Downloads

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,

i’m unable to download this…getting weird error (says file is corrupted). :nopity: can you please mail me @ gaurav.satwalkar@synechron.com?

thank you,
gaurav

gauravsays :india: (BOB member since 2009-12-01)

Hi Gaurav

Is is the download or when you try to run it?
I have just downloaded here with no error reported

Cheers,
Sandi

Hi Sandi, yes, it’s during download. :hb:

I’m getting error file corrupted. I tried downloading from several other machines in office but in vain. :crazy_face:

can you please mail utilities mentioned below to my id gaurav.satwalkar@synechron.com

GetSetUniverse_3_6_01.xls:
Document a BO Universe in Excel

BOXI Universe Documentor v4.xls
Universe Documentor (Dwayne's plus a few extras)

universedocumentor.zip
Universe Documentation Generator

what we are trying to do is document universes in excel & Web-I documents (what objects in them?) for inventory purpose using VBA or JSDK code.

Environment: BO XI 3.1, Tomcat 5.5, WebI: 12.3

Thank you in advance,
Gaurav Satwalkar

gauravsays :india: (BOB member since 2009-12-01)

I liked this document…so I’m looking forward to the day this documenter is available for R3.1

ngosz1 :us: (BOB member since 2010-12-03)

I have been usin BOXI Universe Documentor V4 with great success. However due to a company policy I had to upgrade my pc to windows 7 with MS Offcie 2010. Now I am getting the error message “Failure in DocumentUniverse() VBO Project - 430: Class does not support Automation or does not suppot expect interface”. Is there a fix for this? Will this program run in MS Excel 2010? I hope so. If it is not possible, is there another way I can document a universe. The BOE that I am connecting to is XI\R2.

gwicker :us: (BOB member since 2007-03-15)

THIS For me also

ScrappyDoo :uk: (BOB member since 2008-08-15)

Try this guys: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983246/en-us?fr=1

Let me know if this is the right cause … and the right resolution! :mrgreen:

Gôm

Ran this on an XI3.1 Universe and it worked. Saved me a shed load of work!

Thanks.

clynham :uk: (BOB member since 2007-08-17)

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has looked into whether it would be possible to document the unx files at XI4?

Cheers,
Sandi

Hi,

There is no SDK in BO 4.0, so very likely the answer is no, it’s not possible.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

The .UNV files should be usable in the same way that 3.1 and earlier versions were. The .UNX files created by the IDT will not be exposed in the same way.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Cheers Dave/Malek
I suspected as much.
Sushir’s Repository Documentor seems to have issues with unx files and connections at XI4 too :frowning:

Hi Sandi,

can you please explain: why is it neccessary to execute the SELECT statement for every object (lov) in the universe? I cannot see any benefit from this (except creating lots of traffic on the database).

Kind regards,
Lucky_me

lucky_me :de: (BOB member since 2007-12-06)

Hi lucky
I didn’t realise that it actually executed the query.
I am currently working solely with unix files so am not in a position to look at this for a while.
But by all means you can have a play with the vb yourself.
Cheers
Sandi

It’s not a choice. I have seen the same behavior. When touching certain aspects of the LOV definition via the SDK, the query executes. I don’t know why, and there’s no way to turn it off.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Cheers for that Dave

This is a really good tool, but when I ran it, it was taking like 60 seconds per object for a universe with thousands of objects. Is this normal?

jdean1012 :us: (BOB member since 2007-06-26)