BusinessObjects Board

Universe deleted from CMC now reports give error

We had a problem with object corruption so i opened case with SAP when they called me they thought same that object is not working may be because it got corrupted, while working on the problem they deleted one of the universe from CMC. and i had universe open locally which then we exported to enterprise (this is a linked universe) . now when i try to run any crystal report or webi reports they complain ‘Universe not found’
we have the universe in test environment but we did lot of changes in development environme and really would like to have our universe back.
what could be the problem? did universe lost the cuid and when re exported from local got new cuid ? and thats why report are not finding universe with old cuid?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Baapu (BOB member since 2008-05-16)

Yup. that’s what happened. You now have a real problem. Someone must have a copy of the original universe that is “corrupted”. You could try to put it back.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Is the “they” here SAP support?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

‘They is SAP Support’ is correct. they deleted the universe.
anyway we had biar file in backup, so they(SAP Support) asked me to retrive the universes from there. and i did so everything is up and running now.

Thanks for all the replies.

I created BIAR of all environment (D,T,P) and kept in secret :smiley: location.

One more thing only 1 object in universe got corrupted.

Baapu (BOB member since 2008-05-16)

It would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been had you not had a BIAR backup.

Last year I had the same problem, my universe got corrupted during export. But I was having backup for last week, after that i did some changes, those changes i lost.

My concern is is there any way to get the original universe recover back if we don’t have a backup also?

Rakesh_K :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)

If you have no copy, then it cannot be fixed. If you have a copy anywhere is cat be manually inserted into the repository. You build a new blank universe withe the exact same name. Then you find the the universe file in the FRS and replace it with your old file.

We’ve done this several times. it works great.

If you have no backup, then you have no file. Can’t recover something that doesn’t exist.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi Steve,

I am facing same problem. I do have a copy but I could not understand how to manually insert into repository. Can you please explain this a bit?

Thanks in advace

SAP_BO_Addict :canada: (BOB member since 2003-09-18)

Read this please:

(Post is linked from Designer FAQ)