BusinessObjects Board

Uninstalling SAP Dashboards

Hi All,

I have been trying to uninstall (through Control Panel) SAP Dashboards 4.1 SP5 Patch 12 from my computer but I keep getting an Assertion Error. I have also tried running the installer as Administrator but I get the same error as detailed in this SAP Note:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0001676695

The resolution isn’t applicable to me as checking my Control Panel revealed that I already have all those MS C++ redistributables installed. How do I manually uninstall the application? I know I could just delete the folders referring to SAP Dashboard but I have no idea how to clean up the registry.

hueysantiago (BOB member since 2015-08-03)

This won’t be much help, but I can tell you what likely caused the issue. If you have any other BusObj client tools installed (Rich Client, IDT, etc) of a different version/service pack than your SAP Dashboards version, then this is what likely caused the problem. This is a recent (probably 4.2) issue I think. I found this out the hard way when I recently was issued a new Window 10 laptop. I had installed 4.2sp3 client tools, then needed to make changes to a 4.1 dashboard, so I uninstalled Dashboards 4.2sp3 and installed 4.1sp6. I could not get it to work and I also could not uninstall it!. At first I thought it was a Windows 10 issue and we decided it was easier to just wipe the new laptop & start from scratch. In the following days though, I installed the 4.2 client tools on my old Windows 7 laptop, so I could still use them … and then I couldn’t get Dashboards to work on that laptop! Couldn’t uninstall either. I tried updating the MS C++ redistributables and that did not resolve the issue either. Opened a ticket with SAP and the issue was never resolved.

RoxanneP :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-07)

Thanks for the input. I did some additional digging and came to the exact same conclusion as you. It also started because I installed BOBJ Client Tools 4.2 at some point. Now I rely on virtual machines for anything below 4.2.

hueysantiago (BOB member since 2015-08-03)

I have gone the same route - vm for any Dashboard below 4.2!

~Roxanne

RoxanneP :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-07)