BusinessObjects Board

Undefined schema for database <database_name>

Is there any way I can fix the collection of proper schema name by BOE integrator? [“Undefined schema for database <database_name>”]

When I run the RDBMS integrator on same database, it is capturing correct schema name, but not BOE Integrator.
With default BOMM explorer preferences (set to ‘schema’), ‘impact’ tab for some universe objects is not complete (no relationship shown till column name)

link2BOE :india: (BOB member since 2007-07-02)

from the machine where you are running the BOE Integrator, are you able to test the universe connection from universe designer successfully ?

Open Universe Designer on the machine where integrator is running
Import the universe from enterprise
Open the Universe Connection and check if you are able to connect to the database that this universe is using

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Hello Manoj,

I hope you are referring to the machine which is housing relationship service (Adaptive job server). Then, answer to your question is yes.

The middleware used is native drivers to database.

Another asumption from my side is, when we created RDBMS integrator, we specified the credentials and database name, which is using native drivers to database.

I noticed that there was a parmeter while configuring RDBMS integrator, which explicitly asks for schema name. I had tried keep it blank as well as filled appropriately. In any case, it picks the schema name correctly.
Thus my focus went to BOE integrator, I can’t find a parameter in configuration of any xml or properties file, which can help me retrieve the correct name of schema.

the undefined schema will be set in BOE Integrator when the connection information is collected for Universes, check the connection of the universe in which these tables are collected

this has nothing to do with RDBMS Integrator and Schema parameter

what is the database type of the connection ? MySQL ?

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Database type is DB2 and middleware is used is native drivers (no ODBC or JDBC).

I will check the universe connection parameters for the said universe.

Thanks Manoj.