BusinessObjects Board

unable to logon to BO Enterprise from crystalreportsdesigner

Hi,

We have installed crystal Reports 2016 on my system and BO server is BOXI R4.1 SP7 and database is sqlserver2014.
I could able to access bo launchpad(URL) with the same server name which is used to log n the business Objects Enterprise from crystal reports designer.
I could able to create a report in crystal reports deigner 2016. but unable to save on BI launchpad and open a report from crystal reports designer 2016.

I get the below error

from

1. Crystal reports designer : 'Unable to log on to : Could not connect to server (server name:8443). Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.
  2. I have seen in pam document that the BOXI 4.1 SP7 is not compatable with crystal reports 2016.
  3. Does the boadmin has to assign rights to me to access BO enterprise from crystal report designer (assignt rights under applications in cmc)

Ms Jyothi (BOB member since 2014-07-06)

Crystal 2013 SP7 should be used with BO 4.1 SP7. Having said that, here is what I think is happening:

With BO 4.2 SP4, all of the security libraries were updated to bring them relatively current. This means that in order to log in to versions of BO that are 4.2 SP4 or newer, you need to have the same version of Crystal or the Client Tools. I think you have installed Crystal 2016 SP 4 or newer, which has the new security libraries and is unable to log in to older versions of BO.

So, you need to downgrade your Crystal install to either Crystal 2013 SP7 or, if you have to use Crystal 2016, you need to have at most SP3.

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

That also looks like a communications issue. Is the firewall open in between your machine and the server where BI or CRS is installed?

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)