BusinessObjects Board

Turn off autorefresh of web pages in the CMC

Anyone have any ideas on how to turn off the autorefresh of pages in the CMC?

Looking at a list of instances in a report history, before I can finish resizing columns so I can actually read the contents, the page refreshes and resets everything. It drives me nuts!!

Would love a way to adjust the refresh time or even turn it off, but haven’t found anything.

Yeah that auto refresh is really annoying. Totally defeats the purpose of having sizable columns. Our users complained that they could not see parameters values for instances in history before it refreshed.
I don’t know how to change it for the CMC but for BI launchPad you can extend the refresh interval with code like this in global.properties file.

History page refresh interval

The history page refresh time in milliseconds. This is applied when there are pending/running docs. It # is# consumed by the URE HistoryPanel reusable component.

Scope: global

historypage.refresh.secmillis=30000

1 Like

Seems to me like if the configuration setting is in the global.properties file, then it would apply to the CMS as well. Especially since it says in the comments that the the HistoryPanel is a reusable component and the scope is global. @dtolley can test it and let us know. :slight_smile:

Have only manually put the modified global.properties file in the custom folder. Haven’t gone through all the steps of making the change permanent by redeploying the WAR file until I thoroughly test. But, the initial tests look good. Changed the refresh from the historypage.refresh.secmillis=10000 default (seriously SAP, a 10 second refresh?!?!?) to historypage.refresh.secmillis=300000 (5 minutes).

Opened the history page in both LaunchPad and the CMC on my Test environment and actually managed to resize the columns and scroll through the list without it refreshing!! Left it open, opened the same pages on Prod and, as expected, it refreshed before I could even finish resizing the columns.

1 Like